Chapter 21

L was at home that night, it almost midnight, 11:32 p.m.. L can't sleep and Kei don't returned home yet. He called Kei countless times but she didn't answered them. L ended up with called her bodyguard.

"Did Jiyeon's with you? " asked L.

"Yes, she is with me. She is on the way home. " said the bodyguard. L thanked the bodyguard and ended the call.

The lights still switched on. Kei slowly entered her home and looking around. She closed the door slowly and sighed. She turned around, L was exactly opposite her.

"Oppa, you almost gave me heart attack! " sighed Kei. Her face show that she was totally shocked, but L, he's serious.

"Where did you've been?" asked L,hugging himself.

"M-my f-friend's house. We were having a study group there. " excuses, excuses, excuses. Kei just threw up lame excuses.

"I asked you, where did you've been, you liar?" asked L fiercely.

"Oppa, what's wrong? You totally different tonight. " said Kei. She was filled with scare. Kei walked slowly to the stairs.

"Jiyeon-ah, you have a secret relationship without my knowing, right? " Kei paused. He feet doesn't reach the stairs yet and her hand even don't touch the holder.

"What's his name? Where is his hometown? Where did he live now? How do you know him? And is he a stranger?" asked L. He glared at Kei fiercely. The glare could kill her.

"How do you know about it? " Kei trembled.

"Bodyguard from the protection programme. " answered L shortly.

"You sent me a bodyguard without my knowing?" asked Kei, crease her forehead.

"And you have a boyfriend who was a stranger behind me? That's what we're talking now! " L never show his anger to his family in his entire life.

"Kim Jiyeon, you are arrested without warren because having a relationship with a stranger behind your brother and don't listen to your family advice. You can be punished 3-5 years in jail. " L said the arrest words on Kei. Kei burst up her tears.

"Why did you do this to me? " Kei ran upstairs and locked herself in her room.
L not felt bad, but relieved. Even he scolded his sister just now, he feel so peace.

He walked to Kei's room and stood in front of the door. he knocked the door.

"We settle down this tomorrow. You're not going anywhere until you tell my everything. "

After L sent the note, he went to his bedroom and sleep.

Kei can't sleep. She keep bursting her tears and still can't accept what happened.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

On the next morning, L was at the living room. His shoulder getting better and he can returned work only if the injury don't hurt him anymore.

He sat on the couch and turned on the tv news.

"Second son of MkM Holding, Lee Chan was founded dead in the weeds at mountain area. " L straighten his body. He eyes widen opened and his mouth gone round. He carefully listen to the news.

At the same time, Kei walked downstairs. She saw the news and being as same as her brother.

"Those punks! " L grabbed his jacket and phone. He walked out from his house and slammed the door.

"Myungsoo oppa seems very mad on Tao." Kei was very upset.

L walked through the gate and get inside his car. Then, drove to the police station.

L contacted Baekhyun to talk about the news.

"Yah! Baekhyun-ah! What's going on?! I saw the news just now. " asked L.

"The body was founded last midnight, a villager reported it. We saw the news just like you. " explained Baekhyun. He sat down and checked a file.

"Is Mina and Siwon hyung was there? " asked L again.

"Yes, we're about to call you. We have to go at the village. " said Baekhyun. He took the file and grabbed his bag, then walked out from the office with those two others.

"You guys go ahead, I'll go by myself. Text me the place. " L ended the call. As soon as Baekhyun texted him the place, he furiously drove away.

L arrived at the village, exactly as others. The place was crowded and goose-fleshing.

They get through the crowd and greet other detectives.

"What's the latest updates?" asked L right after he get through the crowd.

"He was hacked by axe on the forehead. Death time, midnight. The specific time, still unknown. He was killed at an old store nearby. " said the detective.

"An old store nearby? But we already checked all the old stores in this village. " excused Baekhyun. He put his hand on his waist.

"But we founded this earlier. A broken chair, a long chain, " the detective handed them some pictures.

"And blood sign on the ground. " they all startled.

"No fighting signs here. So we explored this whole village and founded this. The blood sign looking new, about a few day ago. " explained the detective again.

Mina who still looking at the pictures paused after saw something. "Oh?! Aren't Myungsoo checked this store that day?" said Mina. All the attention main to Mina.

"Continue this investigation. Guys, we need to talk. " L ready for the confession.

They walked out from the crowd and speak.

"There's something interest me on that day. But this is about life-death things. " L make them goosebumps with the words

Finally, L told his friends about the incident that he met Kris. But he didn't revealed Kris's identity.

"Please guys, keep it as a secret. " begged L.

"We promised. " said Siwon.

L phone's rang. He answered it. But L's face showed something wrong.

"Tell her I'm on the way. " L ended the call.

"I'm sorry, but I really have to go. " L passed by them.

"Is it Jiyeon? " asked Mina. She turned back and looked at L.

"Ani, but it's very important. " L get in the car and drove away.

It's take more than 15 minutes to reach Gangnam Police Station from the village. He arrived there at almost noon. He find the police that called him just now.

"Oh? Detective Kim! " the police waved to him. L immediately ran to him.

"That woman want to meet you. " said the police. L looked at the police's point. A woman was sitting there with a little boy. He bit his lip a bit and walked to the woman.

"Excuse me? Did you looking for me? " asked L.

The woman faced him.

"You must be Detective Kim Myungsoo, right? " guessed the woman.

"Yes, I am. And you are,? " asked L. He felt awkward when sitting with woman without anybody else. But the place was in public.

"I'm Guam Kangwei. I'm a Chinese. " said Kangwei. She bowed to L.

"What's bring you here? " asked L again.

"I'm looking for my husband, he is a Chinese too. " said Kangwei. Her eyes shining as waiting for the answer.

"Chinese? As I know, we don't have any Chinese cops worked here. I'm sorry, Mrs. " L apologized.

"No, he said he worked with cops. And he mentioned your name. " Kangwei suddenly speak in Chinese. Relief, L can speak Chinese fluently.

"What's his name? " asked L. Start from now, they speak Chinese.

"Wu Yifan. " L widened his eyes.

Wu Yifan?