Chapter XXV | There She Goes

Start from the beginning

Ben nodded as he started to back away slightly. Regina went up to Jefferson and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you for giving me a second chance, Jefferson. I-I can't promise that I'll see any of you again," she mumbled sadly. "Goodbye," she said which Ben didn't like her saying.

Ben intertwined his fingers with Regina's as they walked off into the forest. The muscles in Jefferson's jaw clenched as he though of the sinister king who wanted his friends dead. He could kill the guy if he were to kill Ben or Regina. That's how afraid he was.

"I have a really bad feeling about this," Jefferson said, slightly distressed.

~•~

"Regina, if anyone's dying here, it's going to be me, in order to protect you. That's why I came to this land, it was to protect you," he said as he held her hands.

"I can't loose you, Ben.  Please!!" she pleaded as tears filled her eyes.

"If Pharaoh wants you dead because of some prophecy I am to make sure that doesn't come true. I will protect you at all costs, Regina.  You know that," he whispered as he wiped her tears away and kissed her softly.

   He let the kiss linger for a while, taking on the thought that it might be the last time he'll ever be able to kiss her. 

~•~

Regina's mind was so foggy because she didn't know what would happen. She then thought of Henry. Where was he? She took out her phone and texted Emma.

Hey Swan, do you know where Henry is? Call me back this time 👿

   She put away her phone into her pocket as she caught up with her love.  She noticed that he was very focused on whatever the king was planning.  "Ben...I...I lo-"

   He shushed her, not realizing what she was trying to say.  He honed his hearing so that he could her the king's voice.  His voice was like nails on a chalkboard, irritating and loud.  Ben glared at the king as he saw the tribe make some sort of ravine. Tiepyrsseus knew Ben was watching and used his magic to make the couple fall into the clearing.

   "Benjamin Ainsworth and Regina Mills!!!  So glad you could make it!" Pharaoh said with a wicked smile. 

   Sir Forrest held Ben back as the king glared at Regina, ready to give his reasons.  If you were to fall into the ravine you'd surely die.  Sharps rocks spurted out of the bottom, waiting to claim its first victim.

"I lost my throne because of you!" He shouted.

   "Now Queen Regina you either jump into that ravine or I destroy your town and everyone in it."  Pharaoh said. 

   "You can take me to your land.  Send me to prison, torture me.  I don't care-". She offered. 

   "NO!  Death is your only option your majesty.  No prison is strong enough to contain the darkness you hold in your twisted soul.  As if you have one."  He growled. 

   "She has a soul!"  Ben argued.  "She is...GOOD!"  Ben was then punched by Sir Forrest.  He fell onto the ground and glared at the king.

   "Shut up you distasteful and repulsive loiter-sack."  The king growled. 

    "Push 'er off."  Pharaoh commanded.  Two knights held back Ben as Sir Forrest tried to push Regina off the cliff. 

   "NO!!!!"  Ben surged forward with so much force that it knocked the knights on their feet.  He raced over to Regina and grabbed her hand before she slid off the side.  "Regina!"