Chapter 36- "I wish I could say the same"

Start from the beginning

"Are you trespassing"!? He yelled and I tensed up "No, I live here too.."

He clenched his jaw, and grabbed a trash bag that was sitting on the ground and walked up to me "Well if you live here, then you can take the trash out".

I swallowed hard and stared at him for a moment, then taking the trash bag and walking over to the gate and walking over to throw the trash away.

I kept glancing up from my textbook and at my dad who was chopping up some vegetables. I was at the island counter doing some homework, and my dad was making dinner.

We were both dead silent, and he hasn't said anything.

Something's not right..

"So...Rowan called.." My dad trailed off as he broke the silence. My eyes widened and my heart stopped as I dropped my pencil and head snapped up to him.

Rowan is my mom.

"What"!? I exclaimed and, he nodded as he continued to chop up a tomato "She wanted to talk to you, and I said you weren't home".

Tears pricked my eyes, and I looked down and pursed my lips.

She wants to talk to me...

"Well, can I have her number"!? I asked, and he looked up at me and gave me a warning look "I'll only give it to you, if you don't say anything about why you ran away or whats been going on".

I nodded "Okay! Okay! I promise". He nodded his head towards the fridge "It's taped up". I got up and went to the fridge then grabbing the paper with her number on it. I quickly took my phone out and dialed Ryker's number, since I know it by heart.

"Hey, can you pick me up"? I asked since my truck was still at the warehouse.

I got a text from Ryker saying he's here, and I quickly grabbed my bag and ran out of the house and down the driveway and opened the passenger seat, and slammed the door shut.

"What the hell are you doing here"?! Ryker yelled, as anger filled his voice. "Ryk, my mom called"! I said excitedly.

His eyes widened "Oh my God! Rain, that's great"! He gave me a quick kiss, and I grinned "I know, she called and said she wanted to talk to me. My dad gave me her number".

"That's great princess, but I'm still not going to ignore the fact on why you were here..with your dad..alone" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Nervous"? Will asked and I nodded slightly and bit my lip. My mom said she would Skype me in 1 more minute, and I've only sent her a text.

"It'll be fine..She's your mom" Peter smiled. "Yeah.. mom's are the best, I don't know what I'd do without mine" Neil laughed.

I saw Leah shift uncomfortably in her seat, and I turned my attention back to my laptop which was set on the coffee table. Ryker walked in and sat down on the couch next to me and handed me a water bottle.

"Thank you" I mumbled and unscrewed the cap then taking a sip. My laptop then started to ring as I saw my mom's name appear, and I spit my water out.

"Aww, Rain! Goddamn it" Ryker muttered and sent me a glare as I got water all over his shirt. "Sorry" I gave him apologetic smile. He rolled his eyes and pulled his t-shirt over his head and threw it to the side.

I hit the accept call button and it opened up to my mom. Tears immediately pricked my eyes and I put a hand over my mouth from shock, and she smiled "Hey, sweetie".

Everyone watched me and smiled. Ryker rubbed circles on my back, and I bit my lip and managed to get out "Hey, mom".

"My gosh, you've grown so much" She chuckled, and I nodded slightly "Yeah, I have" and laughed. Ryker looked at me and sent me a smile.