Epilogue

"And that's how we met," Mike sighed, looking at his two boys who were watching him and his husband with wide eyes.

"Wow, dad! You're like... like... a superhero!" Their eldest son, Draven, gasped. He was now ten years old, the other, Isaiah, being eight. 

"I wouldn't put it like that," Mike chuckled, but couldn't help but feel oddly complimented. Most people they had now told their story to were either incredibly doubtful or disapproving of the fact that they were still together after that. They thought much like Mike's mother and believed they were not good for each other and reminded the other of their awful experience. 

Chester and Mike never wanted to tell their adopted kids exactly how they had met, but the boys were growing curious and wouldn't stop asking questions. It was difficult for them to agree that they might as well tell them the truth before they hear a lie from someone else. The boys seemed utterly fascinated by their story and wanted more - as if it were possible. Mike had simply chuckled at their curiosity and claimed there wasn't more to the story, but there was. He would never tell them that the story didn't actually end there - it would terrify them too much. 

Chester stood, getting off the couch, and told the boys to get off to bed and that was their story of the night. He told Draven it was his responsibility to make sure Isaiah brushed his teeth and went to sleep. Draven loved the control and taunted his slightly younger brother with it constantly, although Isaiah would get him back by showing off the fish he had to take care of himself that Mike had won at the fair last year. 

After the kids were silent upstairs, Mike and Chester snuggled up on the couch. Chester rested his head against Mike's chest and sighed, getting as close to him as he could. He felt Mike's arm reach over his waist and pull him even closer. Chester giggled and Mike smiled.

"I love you," Chester murmured to him, just loud enough for him to hear.

"I love you too," Mike said in return and kissed the back of his head. "Do you think we'll ever tell them the rest of the story?"

"I don't know, Mike. I don't know."

~

A/N: Alright, that was a short epilogue because the rest of the story as they were talking about, is directing to the sequel coming out in June called Midnight! Longer author's note below...

~

Ending this story became harder than doing so to my first story on Wattpad, Broken. It's difficult to say goodbye, especially to this particular book. I've grown more fond of it than any other's I've written, I never wanted to end it!

Because of my deep love for this story, a sequel will be released June 6th called 'Midnight.' I chose the date because it will be my third year anniversary here on Wattpad and I wanted to post a story for it - but mainly one that I seriously want to post.

I've had the idea for Break Free for maybe a year longer than it's been out. I never found myself writing it down besides twice - one being the actual version. (I'll put what I had of the original version at the end of this note.)

Besides the two original plots for this story, I had yet another idea similar to this one. I would have loved to make and publish that one as well, but I fear it's far too close to this story. Perhaps I'll create a one shot of it - if I haven't before this author's note comes out.

Next Story:

Here comes the big question... What to do next?

I have come to the conclusion that the best and most wanted stories at the moment are Silent Suffering and Torment - both of which should be published and viewable at this moment. Feel free and please do check it out!