Chapter Thirteen

Chester was behind the two boys as they walked to Brad's house, which wasn't too far. The two were laughing and playfully slapping each other's arms. Chester couldn't help but feel left out but he wouldn't stand in the way of them having fun. He just slowly walked behind and hoped Mike would explain everything soon.

When they got to Brad's house, he quickly went in to be sure nobody was home to see Mike. The cost was clear so they all went in and gathered around Brad's laptop. Mike stood behind the computer and gestured Chester to stand by him, who instantly went with. Brad looked to Mike.

"You ready?" He asked and Mike nodded. Brad called the guys on Skype and they answered after a couple of seconds.

"Hey, Brad. What's up, man?" Phoenix asked when he saw Brad who masked his face to look exhausted and paranoid.

"I... Phoenix, man. S-something's going on. I... It's hard to explain." Brad sighed. Mike had to admit to himself that Brad was a great actor.

"What do you mean?" Phoenix asked. Mike grinned, he could tell by his voice that he was getting scared. Mike pointed at the light switch and Chester quietly stood next to it. He got the hint that he should wait for Mike's signal to flip it on and off.

"I've been hearing voices. Actually-" Brad was interrupted by Mike breathing heavily behind the computer. Brad whispered, "Do you hear that?"

"Is it coming from your side?" Rob's voice came in and Mike smirked and nodded to Chester who flipped the lights on and off a couple of times in a random pattern.

"I-I don't know. Guys, I've been hearing Mike's voice all day today. I think I'm going insane." Brad falsely admitted and tried not to laugh at the guys reaction. Mike saw an opportunity.

"Peeeennnniiiiiissss..." He moaned from behind the computer and glanced at Chester, tossing him a wink.

'Penis? Really?' Chester mouthed and Mike grinned.

"Oh my God. What was that?! It sounded like Mike! Why the hell did it say Penis?!" Joe squealed and Brad tried to hold back his laughter.

"Okay, I can't hold it anymore. Come on Mike and Chester." Brad said before bursting into laughter, the other two boys followed his lead and came out behind the computer, into view. Rob, Phoenix, and Joe were completely speechless on the other side. "Look who I found!"

"M-Mike!" Phoenix gasped and all of them suddenly opened their mouths and asked a billion questions all at once. Mike, Chester, and Brad caught their breath and tried to silence the other side but everyone wouldn't stop talking.

"Everyone shut up!" Mike boomed and they all obeyed. "Let me explain everything. To all of you. The only one out of all of you that knows everything is Brad. So shh."

"What happened?" Phoenix asked softly. All the guys on the other side felt the urge to hug their long lost friend that's miles away still.

"First, you all have to promise not to tell and to just help me figure out what to do. That includes you, Chester. Actually... You have a big role in this story. Bigger than you know." Mike explained softly.

"I won't tell, Mikey." Chester promised and everyone else nodded in agreement.

"Thank you. It all started back in California at that party, the night I went missing. I was incredibly drunk and this man, Scott," Mike purposely left out the last name so if his old biddies broke their promise, they wouldn't know everything completely. "He drugged and kidnapped me. He forced me to make music with these guys who knew nothing about it all called Fort Minor. He was going to have us make an album, tour, take the money, and somehow exploit us to help out his own music career. He'd also beat me if I didn't do what he said, that's why I have a black eye. Then, he heard of another boy... In Arizona.