Chapter Eleven

"Maybe you should tell him." Brad said as Chester was sleeping while Mike carried him.

"What?" He asked, not completely sure what Brad was talking about.

"Tell him about what's really going on." Brad expanded and Mike stopped and just stared at him.

'Did smoking weed make Brad a dumbass?' Mike thought to himself but instead of saying anything, he shook his head and continued walking.

"Why not? What if Chester's willing to go with Scott?" Brad asked and Mike felt like exploding at Brad. Brad was too willing to give Chester away.

"Brad, why do you seem to want Chester to go?" Mike asked and Brad looked at him as though it was obvious.

"Because he's the thing keeping you here! If you gave him to Scott, you'd be free and we could both go home." Brad said and Mike shrugged.

"I can't though, Brad." Mike resisted.

"Why not?! Yeah, he's your boyfriend but you don't love him!" Brad snapped, getting aggravated over the entire situation.

"I might." Mike muttered and Chester started waking up.

"Just tell him, Mike." Brad insisted and Mike stopped to put Chester down. "Chester, Mike has something to tell you."

"What is it?" Chester yawned and his eyes looked lightly bloodshot. Mike wanted to yell at the boy still for getting high but he needed to take care of Brad first.

"I think I love you." Mike said quickly and Chester's eyes widened. He looked between him and Brad and gripped tightly onto Mike, beginning to cry and squeeze him.

"I-I love you too. Mike, you don't know what this means to me. The only person I can remember ever saying that they loved me was Toby." Chester cried and Mike hugged the smaller boy.

"Just because I love you doesn't mean I'm not angry though, Chaz. Why'd you run off and get high?" Mike asked and Chester pulled away, rubbing his eyes.

"I was just... Upset." Chester shrugged and continued walking towards the school. He was unbelievably tired.

"Because of the bullies?" Mike asked, catching up to his step, Brad not far behind.

"No." Chester paused. "It's nothing, it's stupid."

"No, it's not. It can't be. You went out and got high, Chaz." Mike persisted and Chester groaned, looking at him.

"Fine. I thought you and that guy were getting too cozy. I was afraid and ran away." Chester shrugged and let his hands fall to his aides. "It's whatever."

"Awe, Chazzy." Mike grinned and pulled Chester towards him and gave him a tight squeeze. Mike smirked and sang, "Chester was jealous, Chester was jealous."

"Oh and you wouldn't be if I was hugging some strange guy?" Chester raised his eyebrow and Mike let him go to grab Brad's arm and yank him forward. He pointed at his uniform.

"He's a janitor." Mike laughed and Chester rolled his eyes.

"Even better!" Chester faked enthusiasm and Mike sighed, letting go of Brad and hugging Chester again.

"I love you, Chester. And yeah, I'd definitely be jealous if I saw you hugging someone else." Mike smiled and Chester couldn't help but feel better.

"So who is this guy? How do you know him?" Chester asked as they approached the school and paused.

"An old friend, I'll explain... Someday. His name is Brad." Mike added and Chester tilted his head.

"Someday?" He echoed and Mike shrugged. Brad glared at Mike and Chester. Mike noticed and rolled his eyes.