Chapter 25 | The L Word.

- Lizzy's POV -

I continued to kiss her neck, her skin lodging between my teeth as I nibbled close to her jawbone. "You taste so good." I whispered, unbuttoning her work-blouse as I spoke.

I threw her shirt behind the kitchen counter as she stood up, resting her back against it as I leaned in to kiss her, passionately yet sensually. We emigrated towards the bedroom, lost in the heat of the moment as I pushed her gently so she was lay on top of the silk-sheets caressing the bed.

Face-to-face with her, I bit my lip. Her glistening skin mesmerized me as I planted kisses around her chest and velvet-soft skin.

I continued to run my hands along her torso, over the red-lace of her bra and skimming over her faded-black jeans. I routinely moved my hands towards her waistband and freed her of the tight denim wrapped around her thighs.

Neither of us speaking a word as I did so, throwing them onto the floor behind the bed and proceeding to climb on top of her, face-to-face again.

"Oh, I love you." I let slip, breathlessly, quickly. I silently gasped at the sound of my own words escaping my lips.

Marina raised her eyebrows as she ran her fingers through my hair, choosing to ignore my accidental outburst as I made my way down to her hip-bones, then the waistband of her red-lace.

I heard her whimper as I moved my lips closer and closer to where she desired to feel them, until eventually, I let her.

**********

We lay breathlessly, staring at the magnolia-white ceiling and panting as we tried to catch our breath, remaining short of the words we couldn't speak.

I turned slightly, leaning on my right side, watching her as her tiresome eyes fluttered with every deep breath she took.

I placed my hand against her stomach, palm down, scratching gently at the skin with my fingernails. "Did I make it up to you?" I eventually queried, aware she'd caught her breath enough to respond.

She smirked, greeting my hand with her own. "Yes." She confirmed, turning her head on its side to face me.

"Better than work?" I suggested, continuing to run figure-of-eights across her toned, olive stomach. She just tutted and smiled in response, marinating in the remaining sunlight of the day streaming through a gap in the curtains.

"I'll end up losing this job." She sighed,several moments of silence later.

I shifted slightly, I knew that was the last thing she wanted. She wanted to feel stable, but with losing her job, she'd feel the furthest from it. "I'm sure you won't, call in sick? Overtime? You could go in now..." I suggested, desperately searching for ways to make her feel better.

"I guess I'll just have to take over a few of Charli's shifts if I want to stand a chance at employment." She reasoned, a tone of humor in her voice.

"I promise you, you won't need that job for much longer. We won't live here for much longer, in this shabby flat for much longer." I assured. I knew how it felt to feel like there's nothing left, no hope to clasp on to, pretty much how I'd felt my entire life up until this point come to think of it.

"There's some price to pay for dreams that glitter, I guess." She replied, modestly. Almost as if she didn't want to believe in her dream, as if she wasn't prepared to set herself up for seemingly 'inevitable' failure, I observed.

"But it'll all pay you back when you're living the life you've always dreamed of living, a lifestyle like none other." I assured, again. "Isn't that what you've always wanted?" I added, suddenly I wasn't sure if it was what she wanted after all.

"Of course." She replied, monotone all the same.

"You need to believe in yourself more, you really do. There's a reason only certain people that have 'dreams that glitter' prosper, and it's definitely got a huge amount to do with self-belief. The sparkle in your eye is rare, you're rare, rare like a diamond." I explained, feeling her tighten her grip around my hand as I spoke.

She smiled, not releasing her clasp around the back of my hand. "I wonder what my Dad would make of me now." She wondered, acknowledging her surroundings as she spoke.

"Positive? Negative?" I inquired, raising my eyebrows at her sudden change in thought-direction.

"I don't even know anymore. I never was going to turn out like Lafina, I guess he'd never be able to get past the fact I wasn't her." She went on to explain, she spoke upon Lafina for a further few minutes, regardless of what happened in the past, she seemed to speak of her quite fondly - I admired that.

"I guess we should do something about dinner." She eventually said, sitting up on the edge of the bed, pulling my emerald-green gown over her.

"Pizza?" I asked, knowing that was what she was suggesting.

"Sounds like a plan." She confirmed, standing up and making her way towards the bedroom door, pausing in the archway.

"Oh, Lizzy?" She said, looking at me as I lay in bed, logging on to my laptop. "Yeah?" I responded, typing my log-in details, not breaking to look at her.

"I love you, too." She said, softly, before leaving the room.