11

daesom yawned and stretched her arms out, almost hitting her seat mate, namjoon.

"hey, watch out." namjoon pushed her hand away.

"sorry. ugh, i feel like sleeping already." she laid her head onto the table and shut her eyes closed, ignoring the fact that the teacher had already entered the room.

"hey, the loud jackson's already here." namjoon nudged her by the arm but she only sighed in return.

"class, we have a new transferee!" mr. wang said loudly, attracting attention from the class.

"please introduce yourself." mr. wang said in english to show off his skills to the new student.

luckily the new student was able to understand what he was saying, "h-hi, my name's j-jungkook. please treat me well."

daesom shot her eyes open and looked up by the mention of the familiar name.

"what?!"

the whole class turned to her.

mr. wang raised his brow, "yes? is there anything you'd like to say, daesom?"

daesom looked at jungkook and immediately shook her head, "n-nothing, sir."

"very well, then. jungkook, your seat will be the one behind daesom's." mr. wang said and jungkook walked to his seat, flashing daesom a smile.

daesom smiled back and rocked her chair backwards, "you transferred schools?!" she whisper-shouted.

jungkook nodded, "yeah."

daesom blinked before replying, "i'll have to talk to you later." then she turned back front to listen to mr. wang's lesson.

"hey there. i'm yewon. kang yewon." the girl sitting beside her spoke.

jungkook cleared his throat, "i'm j-jungkook."

"i never knew you were friends with daesom." yewon frowned.

seeing that jungkook didn't reply, she continued.

"she's my best friend, you see." jungkook nodded, his lips forming an 'o'.

yewon giggled, "you must be a shy one."

"i— i'm just n-not used to talking to strangers." jungkook stuttered, his face flushing red.

yewon chuckled, "i understand."

-

"how come i never knew?!" daesom half-yelled.

jungkook gulped, "well, you didn't have to yell at me!"

daesom groaned, "whatever. did you tell jimin or yoongi about this?"

"no, not even taehyung." jungkook shook his head.

daesom frowned, "who's taehyung?"

jungkook shook his head again, "you don't have to know about him."

"okay, but you should've at least told one of us about you moving to my school!" daesom said.

"well, i never knew that you study here!" jungkook shrugged.

"uhm, guys?" yewon butted in.

"what?" daesom sighed.

"we should probably go to the cafeteria now. i'm hungry." yewon admitted, caressing her stomach.

"yeah, whatever. jungkook, you stay with us until school ends." daesom said, pulling the two of them to the cafeteria.

"i never knew you both were friends." yewon stated after they settled down at a table.

"we've only known each other for a short amount of time, though." daesom shrugged.

"really? you guys seem so close." yewon looked at them suspiciously.

jungkook turned red while daesom only scoffed, "well what is that supposed to mean?"

"that there's a thing going on between the both of you." yewon said, picking her nails.

"excuse you? we're not a thing." daesom rolled her eyes.

"i never said that. i only said there's something going on between you two." yewon grinned.

"don't be stupid. you know i'm dating jimin." daesom reminded.

yewon rolled her eyes, "whatever. so, moving on. jungkook, do you have a girlfriend?"

"n-no, i d-don't." jungkook said nervously.

"what sort of a question is that? and jungkook, why are you stuttering? this is so not jungkook-like." daesom squinted her eyes at jungkook.

"apparently your friend here said he's shy around strangers." yewon said.

"nonsense. he didn't even stutter at all when we first met." daesom uttered.

"but he did with me," yewon paused for a while before grinning, "is that supposed to mean something?"

jungkook widened his eyes, "n-n-no!"

daesom stared at him for a while, "weirdo."

a/n:

the ultimate return of daesom and omf a new character in this book ayye yewon.

y'all i feel like the fun part's finally starting yayy. i'll probably be updating the next chapter tomorrow or something since this one was pretty short so keep an eye out.