2

"jungkook, go get the door. i think it's the park family." jungkook's mother ordered.

jungkook nodded and did as he was told. by the door, there stood a boy somewhere around his age - maybe only a few years older, and two elderly people which jungkook assumed was his parents.

"ah, you've arrived!" mrs. jeon showed up not long after and greeted the family.

"sorry we're late, there was a slight traffic on our way here." the boy's father, mr. park, said.

mrs. jeon shook her head, "no it's fine, you're right on time. oh, come in! you can't just stand there all day long." she backed away, giving them space to enter.

"remember, make friends with him. and don't be rude." mrs. jeon whispered to jungkook quickly before proceeding to the dining room with the park family.

jungkook sighed and trailed behind her mother. all of them - the park and jeon family - sat down at the dining table and began eating. as usual, the elderlies were the ones talking while the younger ones kept quiet.

"so i guess you must be jungkook?" mr. park looked at the boy eating silently.

mr. jeon nodded, "yeah, jungkook, mind to introduce yourself?"

jungkook stood up and bowed politely, "i'm jungkook, it's nice to meet you."

the older boy sitting across jungkook merely stared at him.

"how polite of you." mrs. park smiled before continuing, "i'd like you to meet my son, jimin. i hope you both can get along together."

jungkook sat back down and locked eyes with jimin, the boy in front of him. he gave him a slight smile but the latter rolled his eyes in return, making the former surprised.

mrs. park sighed, "jimin, don't be rude."

jimin ignored her and continued eating his meal.

mrs. park faced the jeon family, "i'm really sorry for his behavior."

mr. park on the other hand narrowed his eyes on his son, "jimin, you are here to make friends with jungkook, not to treat him like that."

at that moment, jimin stood up, "i'm afraid there's somewhere important i need to go. please excuse me."

"jimin, come back here this instant!" mr. park hollered but jimin was already out of sight.

mrs. park ran her fingers through her hair, "what do we do?"

mrs. park turned to jungkook, "jungkook, can you follow after jimin and tell him to come back please?"

jungkook nodded and left in a hurry not to lose jimin.

mrs. park smiled at mrs. jeon, "your son grew up so well. he's so well-mannered."

mrs. jeon sighed sadly, "he's been such a good son. i want to be a better mother to him but sometimes i wonder if i'm doing the right thing. all i want is for him to overcome his condition. and he's not getting any better." his mother sniffled and wiped her tears vigorously.

"i'm so sorry— i shouldn't be crying right now."

mrs. park smiled at her reassuringly, "we're lucky his case is pretty mild, with proper treatment we can expect some improvement."

"does he often experience mood swings or get depressed?" mr. park inquired.

mr. jeon pursed his lips, "at times, yes. and it's getting more frequent as time goes by. we're worried about him."

mr. park thought for a while, "in that case we'll have to start with treatment as soon as possible to avoid it from getting worse. is tomorrow fine?"

mrs. jeon nodded, "yes, of course. the sooner the better."

-

"where did he ran away to?" jungkook muttered, leaving his house and looking sideways to search for jimin.

on his right he saw a person's back just a few meters away from him, so he followed him after making sure it was jimin.

jungkook tapped jimin's shoulder when he caught up to him, "uh, your parents are looking for you. they want you back."

"leave me alone." jimin said coldly.

"but—" before jungkook could continue with his words, jimin stopped in his tracks.

he glared at jungkook, "i said, leave me alone."

"it's just lunch. why is it making you so worked up?" jungkook frowned.

"it's all because of you. i wouldn't have been in such a situation if it weren't for you!" jimin yelled and pushed jungkook by the shoulder.

"i... don't understand?" jungkook said, but it came out more like a question. why was it his fault jimin was acting like that? what did he do?

"just leave me alone! don't even talk to me, you psycho!" jimin cried, emphasizing on the 'p' word. after that he walked away again, leaving jungkook standing there trying to digest everything. despite that, he ran after jimin again, trying not to lose sight of him.

"you still need to go back." jungkook muttered beside him, getting intimidated.

jimin groaned in frustration, "leave. me. alone. why don't you just go back to your, i don't know, stupid friend of yours? what was his name again, taehyung?"

jungkook widened his eyes by the mention of his best friend, "how do you know taehyung?"

jimin scoffed, "of course i do. i'm the son of a psychiatrist anyway."

"that didn't answer my question." jungkook said, confused of the older boy.

jimin sighed, "i don't care. just get out of my sight already, will you?"

jungkook only stared at him.

that's when jimin thought of an idea.

"hey, how about you come with me? come on, it'll be fun." jimin nudged at him.

"i can't." jungkook looked down.

"oh, come on! i heard you don't get to leave your house much. this is a once in a lifetime chance for you to explore the outside world. you sure you're not gonna regret it?" jimin asked, excited.

jungkook hesitated for a while, "i don't know. mom's gonna kill me if i don't return soon."

"how do you know i can't leave my house though? i never told you that."

"i told you already, i'm the son of a psychiatrist. i know every information about my dad's patients." jimin smirked.

"what? i'm not even your dad's—"

"shut up already and tell me whether you're coming with me or not." jimin cut him off.

jungkook sighed hopelessly and gave up, "fine." all he ever wanted was a little bit of freedom anyway.

a/n:

yoongi on the next chapter yay!