Chapter 13: Firelighter

Start from the beginning

I had a lot of questions.

First of all, why did she never mention she was engaged? And second... What was happening to me? Was I turnng into one of them?

"Stella!"

No response. I figured that with her sonic vampire ears she'd hear me. Maybe she didn't want to see me. Maybe I was turning out to be a freak of nature... Maybe... Oh, what the hell was wrong with me?

There was a knock on the door.

"Stella?"

"Sorry, it's someone less attractive hun."

"Jenny!"

I swung the door open and gave her a bear hug.

"I missed you too. Now let me go I can't breathe." She said with a strained voice.

"Oh my god I need to talk to you about so many things!" I said.

"I know," she replied, "but first things first, I think you lost something."

She gestured behind her, where my little redhead had been standing awkwardly. Angie waved at me with a quirky smile.

"Angie, oh my god, I have to show you around this place, it's amazing," I said, trying to distract myself

I grabbed her arm and started walking, but Jenny stopped me.

"Actually, you should wait a few days to do that, Annie." She said, "RIght now we're on alert and there are a lot of guards patroling the grounds. Some of them might not be strong enough to resist attacking a siren. Jace told me not to let you leave this wing." She gave me an apologetic smile.

"That's okay, I guess," I replied. "Are there any fun places in this wing? What's in all those rooms?" I gestured at all the rooms in the hallway lined like hotel rooms.

"Most of them are vacant. But we do have a game room for when Jace's younger cousin Ebenezer visits."

"Ebenezer doesn't sound very young."

She chuckled, "He's 60, looks 15."

"Well I guess that is young for a vampire."

Angie sighed dramatically, "Gosh, I have a lot to learn."

Jenny and I chuckled, "Come on," said Jenny, "It's this way."

Stella's POV

I knew there was only one person that could tell me about the Chiaro Sguardo, but I also knew that he never would. Tessa was his niece, my cousin, and his older brother was the vampire king at the time, the one who ordered the killing of these creatures. Father's brother was killed, and then Tessa mysteriously disappeared. She hadn't been spotted in so many years that she was presumed dead.

I stared at an old painting of her that hung on a wall in the library, she was beautiful. She had stunning crimson hair and bright green eyes like Jace's. Her skin was pale like porcelain unlike me and Jace, who are a little bit tanner (unless we're hungry of course). Speaking of hungry... My mouth felt dry and my stomach hurt.

I licked my lips, "OJ!"

There was a sound like the whoosh of the wind blowing and then the library door creaked open.

The young brunette vampire walked in, looking small because of the size of the room, "What can i help you with, mistress?"

"Bring me a few bags of blood please."

She smirked tauntingly, "Bags of blood? Getting a little soft, sire?"

I bared my fangs and growled at her.

"Not in a good mood, I see. What type?"

"Any."

She turned and started walking away.

"OJ..." I started.

She turned to look at me, "Yes, your majesty?"

"Don't tell anyone I'm here."

She smiled and nodded, then she sped away and the door shut behind her.

Anna's POV

We were in the game room playing Assasin's Creed. Jenny was beating us, she probably had a lot of spare time to practice, living in this palace.

"Gabriel would die if he saw this room," I said.

"I on the other hand want to see some handome vampires," said Angie as she stabbed an online player in the game.

"Someone got over her fear fairly quick," I replied.

"Yeah they're nice like big sharp toothed teddy bears."

I chuckled, "Not all of them are nice."

"No, not the ones back home, those are creepy fuckers."

Jenny laughed, "I like this kid."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. We all looked behind us but no one said anything.

The door opened by itself an in walked a gourgeous vampire girl.

"What are you doing here?" said Jenny.

I furrowed my brows, that didn't seem like a very nice greeting coming from sweet Jenny. The vampire girl smirked, and I recognized her as the weapons specialist Jace had used to outsmart Dorian.

"The princess is hungry," she said, "Would you care to offer yourself?"

Jenny frowned, "I thought she was drinking from blood bags now."

I noticed the vampire's lip twitch before she spoke, "She asked for a live one."

It was my turn to frown, "You're lying, I can tell you are."

She eyed me from head to toe in a threatening manner, "Oh, you must be Stella's new pet. Pets shouldn't talk, you know." She replied.

I stood up angrily, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?!"

She was suddenly standing right in front of me, "It means what it seems like it means."

I growled at her. She looked very surprised, but then she growled louder, fangs bared.

My blood was boiling and it felt like my vision was getting sharper. I knew my eyes must have been glowing, and I lifted my closed fist to punch her.

Then my hand started tingling.

The doors slammed open.

"What is going on in here, OJ?!" Said Jace in an authoritative voice.

But it was too late.

OJ had flown across the room followed by a beam of bright blue light.

I...

I had shot an orb of blue flames at her with my hand.