Raging Alcoholic

Jason's pov

Oh man! If it's what I'm afraid of, no wonder she's so pissed. I walk over to where she was standing in front of the sink. "Meagan.... Did I...... Did I hit you?" I'm terrified for her answer. She spins around, hands in fists. She punches me and says, "Yeah you did!" I rest a hand on my cheek. "Ok I deserved that." "Yeah you did!" She yells, hitting me again. "Man, you sure can hit." Sam runs in. "What's going on?!" "Nothin' I'm just showin' your dad what little girls are made of." She gripes, thoroughly pissing me off. "Dang it, I said I was sorry! I was drunk. Just get you and Timothy out of the house when I get that way!" "Or you could stop getting drunk!" She shouts, kicking me in the leg. "Dammit woman, stop hittin' me!" "Ok what happened between you two?" Sam shouts, crossing her arms. "Nothing." I say, rubbing my leg annoyed. "I'm outta here!" She says, shoving passed me. "Ok?" I am not going into it with her. I walk down to the bar, leaving Sam in charge of Timothy. I can't not drink. That's my let loose from all the shit that happened. The door opens behind me but I don't even look up until a hand is on my shoulder. I look in the mirror behind the barkeep. Luke. "Get up, man, don't do this again." "Lay off me Luke. I've had a rough day." "You have a rough day everyday since shit hit the fan." "Oh yeah, what's it to ya." I order another jack shot but Luke shakes his head to the bartender. "Dammit, don't you tell me I can't drink too!" He takes the shot glass from my hand. "You're becoming an alcoholic again!" "Good! It's the only way I don't think about everything." "Meagan told me what happened." Shit. "Another round of Jack, man don't listen to Luke." I grumble, getting frustrated. "I'm cuttin' ya off, Jason. You've been a good friend and patron over the years but I'm not gonna let you dig your own grave." "My grave was dug when my wife's was." I whisper.

*3 months later*

Luke's pov

It's over. He's become a raging alcoholic again. Meagan and I are hatefully going to have to take Timothy away. I open the door. He was sitting on the couch with a beer as usual. "Jason, where's Timothy?" "Upstairs in his room. He's probably the only one around here who knows not to mess with me when I'm drinking." I nod to Meagan who goes upstairs to get him. "You're always drinking nowadays." He shrugs. I'm only trying to keep him busy while she gets Timothy. She walks back downstairs, carrying a bag and holding his hand. He glances over and stands up. "What are you two doing?!" He shouts. "Calm down, Jay. Meagan just told him the other day that she was gonna take him to the zoo today." I say, standing in front of him and waving behind me. He's too drunknto realize. "Alright, have fun guys." He sits back down and they leave. "Aren't you tired of being hungover every morning?" "Nah I've gotten pretty used to it." I hear the car drive out of his driveway. I'm about to tell him we're taking Timothy when my phone rings. I answer it and Sam panickingly shrieks in my ear, "The baby's coming!" Jason hears it and jumps up off the couch. "Oh my God! Sam's gonna have her baby!" "You're not going!" I say, crossing my arms. "What the fuck are you talking about?! That's my daughter and granddaughter you're talking about!" "You're in no condition to go up there!" "Fuck you!" He shoved me against the wall. "You picked the wrong day to piss me off!" He growls. "If you think you're pissed now, you just wait." I shout, shoving him off me. He falls on his back. "What are you talking about?!" "Me and Meagan are having your rights taken away so Timothy doesn't have to deal with you." "Forget you and forget her! You can't do this!" "I'm sorry but I have to. You've proven you can't handle alcohol or the death of your wife." His eyes blazen. "Luke......" Then his eyes go wide and a hand flies to his chest. "Jason?!" "L-Lu-" His whole body goes limp. Oh crap!! I think he had a heart attack!

Meagan's pov

"Where's dad and Luke?" Sam asks while holding the baby girl which she named Mira. "I'm.... I'm not sure." I say, looking away. "Aunt Meagan is dad gonna be okay?" "I hope so." Luke runs into the room. Timothy runs to him. "Where's Jason?!" I gasp, worried. He looks super freaked out. "He had a heart attack." My eyes go wide and Luke hugs Timothy tight. "Is he okay?" He nods. "Thank God I thought we lost him.

Jason's pov

I suck in a breath and sit up. "Where... Luke?! Where's my son?!" But he's gone. I pull the IV out of my arm. My chest is killing me. The door opens. I catch side of dark brown hair. But my vision is really blurry. "Miranda?" She walks over and comes into focus. Oh Meagan. I furiously grab her shirt. "Where's my son?!" My chest hurts more with each movement. I fall back to the bed. "What..... Happened to me?" "You had a heart attack from all the alcohol." "Sam-" "Her little girl came at 3:18 pm. Her name is Mira." I stare at the ceiling wide eyed. Mira. Almost her mother's name. God dammit she'd do anything to be here. "Where..... Is Timothy?" "I'm sorry Jason until you get your alcohol addiction under control, you can't see him and you can't see your granddaughter." I really really hate this woman. "You...... Can't..... Do this..... To me!" I gasp, trying to catch my breath and failing. "Calm down. You're gonna hurt yourself." Then she calls for a nurse. "Don't expect me to calm down. You're taking away the thing my wife died for. The last thing she was able to give me. The only thing I've ever wanted and you're taking him away from me!" "She was my sister too. And I'm doing this to protect him." A nurse walks in. "Sir you can't take this IV out. It's giving you the medicine to stop your heart from swelling." She puts it back in my arm. What's the use? My heart's broken anyway.