The truth about us

Jason's pov

She shows me a ton of pictures and ultrasounds. "I really do wish I was here. You have to believe me." "Well, if you did why didn't you answer your phone?" She whimpers, starting to cry. "I dropped my phone in mud and I didn't know your number by heart. When you called later on my new phone, I didn't recognize the number so I thought it was just a fan or something!" "Somehow I highly doubt that." She grumbles, crossing her arms. "But it's the truth I swear! I didn't say this earlier but I do still love you. And I'd give anything to go back in time-" "Just stop it Jason. I don't want to hear it." What does she mean she doesn't want to hear it? "What do ya mean babe?" "Do not call me that. You can be her father and all but that's all. I don't feel the same way. Not anymore. I'm sorry." Damn! Well, I guess it makes sense. "I know ya hate me and ya got the right but I am telling you the truth about why I never called back. I promise. I loved ya then and I loved ya now." She still shakes her head. "I'm not taking you back so please don't try. It's only gonna piss me off more." I sigh. I guess I'll just stick with seeing her everyday. "Ok, I'm sorry I pushed you.... I just thought you should know." "I do know. I'm also glad to know that you'd have stayed if you knew. Don't get mad if I date someone else though." "I won't." I hand the pictures back to her. "You want copies?" I nod.

*later*

I go to pick up Sam from school an she's talking to a girl. I walk over. "Hey darlin' ready to go?" She smiles. "Hey daddy, this is my friend Alex. Alex this is my daddy." I love how she can say that now. The friend must be a fan because she's staring at me wide eyed. "You never told me your dad was Jason Aldean!!" She gasps. Yep definitely a fan. "Well it's kinda new.... But either way..." "Uh honey we gotta get going. We're gonna meet your mama for dinner at your grandparents' house, my parents." She holds my hand and I pick up her backpack. "It was nice meeting you Alex." "You too." She says, waving. I pick Sam up and carry her on my shoulders to my truck. Then I drive to Miranda's house. She is already waiting on the porch with a bag. "You ready to go?" I ask. "Ready as I'll ever be." She mutters sighing. Oh man, what now? I put her bag in the truck, Sam is still in her car seat. "What's wrong?" I ask. "Nothing is wrong." "Don't lie. I know something is bugging you, now what is it?" "Nothing Jason! I'm just not in a good mood." "Why not?" "Why do you think!?" This conversation is starting to put ME in a bad mood and I really don't want to be in a bad mood when I unveil my daughter to my parents. I'm just going to ignore her bad attitude and deal with the long torturous drive from Nashville to Macon.

*one long drive later*

His mom's pov

Jason gets out of the truck along with his girlfriend. He gets a kid out of the back!! Oh wow! He has a kid. He doesn't look happy. Neither does she. I step onto the porch. "Hey Jason, what's going on?" I ask. "I'll explain in a second ma." He says, handing the little girl to the woman. They stay outside and he comes inside. "Who are they?" I ask. "Well mom dad, I just found out a week ago, I'm a father." He says, sitting on the couch. "Her name is Sam. I don't know what to say other than, her mom hates me for not being there. But I didn't even know she existed til a week ago." I open the door for them.

Jason's pov

"Grandma, Grandpa!" Sam gasps, excitedly. I can't help but smile at how excited she is. My parents warm up to her instantly. Miranda stays by the door. "Come on darlin' sit down." My dad says, his southern accent coming out. "I'm fine. I'm not staying long anyway." She says. I sigh. Mom sits beside me with Sam on her lap. "Wow. What's with her?" She whispers. "Like I said she hates me." I mutter, closing my eyes. A few minutes later she leaves. "Wow, she's cold!" My dad says. I nod and stand up. "I still love her but she hates me for leaving." "Eh, she'll come around. It's only been a week." Dad says. "I hope you're right." I mumble, picking Sam up.