A New Chapter (Still Bad At Titles)

Jason's pov

Me and Timothy went to the zoo and to Uncle Luke's. He wanted to hang with the boys. I'm doing whatever he wants. Right now, the boys were playing tag. I was chatting with Luke while watching them. "Um something happened last night." I shakily say. "And I have no idea what to do about it." "Well what happened?" I glance at the boys. "Me and Meagan had sex last night." "Dude, were you drunk?" He gapes. "No! I don't know what happened. She kissed me and I went with it. And she said it's up to me what we do." "You've been really fucked up since she died. Are you sure you didn't imagine it?" "No! Jeez! It happened! I know that much!" "Keep your voice down." He gasps. Oops. "What happened?" Timothy asks, looking at me. "Adult talk." I say, worriedly. He shrugs and runs off to play. "What should I do, man?" "I don't know bro. Um do you care about her?" "I don't know. I haven't even thought about it. I mean Miranda hasn't even been dead for a year and I'm already-" "Jason, it's normal for you to move on." "Not this soon." He shrugs. "I can't help you man. I'm not in your head." He says, a hand on my shoulder. "Ya mind watchin' him for a few hours while I figure this out?" He nods. "Good luck dude." I nod and walk over to Timothy. "Hey buddy you're gonna hang out with uncle Luke for a bit while I check on stuff at home. You good?" He nods and hugs me. "I had fun today. Thanks for coming home." My eyes go wide. I feel so bad for leaving him so much. "I'll never leave again little man." I say, getting on my knees to hug him better. I head home to talk to Meagan. She and Sam were sitting on the couch talking and joking. "Hey we need to talk." I say, nervously. We both go to the kitchen. "Um last night-" "It was a mistake. I don't know what came over me." "Ok I wasn't sure where we were going with it or what to do." "I'm sorry. You're really confused after what happened with Miranda and I made it worse." "It's alright." Thank God I got that squared away. I walk back out to the living room. "Hey Sam how ya doing?" "Well next week we go to see the gender!" She's excited. I smile and hug her, wishing like hell her mom could be here to enjoy this.

*later*

We finish dinner and Meagan puts Timothy to bed. I was putting the dishes in the dishwasher. She walks into the kitchen. "You okay?" I nod. "You just seemed tense all day." "I've been a little freaked after what happened between us." She pours a glass of wine. "But you're okay now?" "I guess so. Look Meagan it's not you. I'm just not up for dating yet." "I understand. I have no clue what happened the other night." "Me either." I finish loading the dishwasher and go up to bed. It's still hard to sleep in this bed without her. I turn the lamp off. "Goodnight baby girl." I whisper, closing my eyes.

*in his dream*

Me and Timothy were fishing. He's five now. I had the radio playing. It was Alan Jackson's Remember When. I stare at the water when ripples flew everywhere. I look up to the middle of the lake. My eyes widen in shock. "Buddy do you see what I see?" I gape, standing up shakily on the dock. I rub my eyes, trying to see if it's a delusion. But she's still there. Floating right above the water. It looks like she's made of water! "B-Baby, what is going on?" I gasp. She walks across the water to the dock and I realize she IS made of water! She opens her mouth to say something but she can't. I notice her breasts are gone. From the surgery. "B-Baby, are you okay?" She shakes her head since she can't talk. She looks like she's crying but she doesn't make a sound. She hugs me. My clothes getting wet but I don't care. "Come on." She mouths. Huh? "Where?" She points behind her. "T-The w-water?" She nods. I'm not sure what's going on. But I follow her. I step into the lake and instantly sink to the bottom. "Baby girl?" I call confused. My voice is garbled by the water. Then I can't breathe. I try to swim to the surface but I can't.

Meagan's pov

I get a call in the middle of the night and a cold chill. I look up and the door is wide open. I get up to close it and then answer the phone. "Is this the Aldean residence?" "Yes. I'm Jason's sister in law. What's going on?" "Well I'm the EMT who took him to the hospital." Huh?! "What are you talking about?! He's in his room!" I gasp, running upstairs. His door is open and he's gone. "What happened?" "He almost drown in the middle of the lake. I think he was sleep walking." Jason's never sleep walked before! I get Timothy up and we go to the hospital. He's awake now, looking super confused. "Dad!" Timothy shouts, running over. He hugs him. "Meagan what happened? How'd I get here?" "You were sleep walking into a lake and almost drown. What were you dreaming of?" "I...... Was fishing.... With Timothy.... We were on the dock at the lake and..... I saw...." He closes his eyes tight. "I don't remember the rest." "I'm just glad you're okay." I say, hugging him. "Me too. It's weird. I've never sleep walked before!" "I'll keep a better eye on you." I say, worried. He could've died tonight. "Who called an ambulance?" I ask the EMT. "Nobody. A girl ran in telling us." Me and Jason both look at him oddly. "What girl?" Maybe Sam? "I don't know. She looked weak and barely there. I wish we could find her. She looked like she was dying." Jason's hands tense up. "Was she.... Bald..... Wearing a cowboy hat?" He nods. "Yeah. How'd you know?"

Jason's pov

I shakily get Meagan's phone since mine got messed up when I was in the water. "D-Did she look like this?" I shakily ask, turning it toward the EMT. His eyes go wide. "Yeah that's her." Me and Meagan lock eyes. "Do you know where she is? I think she needed medical attention!" I clench my fists. "She's my wife. And she's dead." He backs up. "She can't be! She was right here!" He obviously doesn't believe in ghosts. "She saved me." I whisper, staring at the picture shocked. Two weeks before she went into a coma. She was smiling in this picture. "She came back to save me one last time!" I gasp, choking back tears. "This is nuts. Are you saying I saw a ghost?" I nod and set her phone down. "It's been almost seven months since the cancer took her from me. That stubborn little girl." I lay back against the pillow, trying my damndest not to cry. "She'd still be here if she didn't get pregnant." I whisper, closing my eyes.