I got a little drunk last night

Jason's pov

Silent tears roll down my face but I don't make a sound. I can't. If I do, I will be nothing but a crying mess. I don't want to go home. I don't want to face my parents and the failure I am. I get a hotel and 2 six packs. I ended up in a bottle screaming out her name. I was punching the walls and carrying on like I've gone insane. Maybe I have. The insane feeling of being in love with someone who doesn't want you back. I've cried so much tonight. It could fill at least 5 of these now empty beer bottles. The other four I downed would remain empty. The last three I chuck at the wall. My fists are bleeding from punching the wall and the broken glass. But then the worst hits me. The worst of her memory gets the best of me.

~flashback~

I never loved a girl more than I did in the back of that bar. I had received a text about my sister getting married and I was too blissful to ask if she wanted to come. I was too happy just to have this wonderful girl in my life.

~flashback over~

If only I had asked her!! None of this would have happened. I wouldn't have lost her. My stupidity back then caused me in a chain reaction down the line to lose the only person that I could ever love.

Miranda's pov

Me and Sam are going home early. I'm not staying here not after last night. I hug Jacob and pick my five year old daughter up. "Where's daddy?" She asks. I'm caught off guard. "He's not inside?" She shakes her head. "He never came home last night." His dad says. "Oh well. Tell him I'm leaving. He can find us in Nashville. Sadly he has my address." I mutter, buckling her up. He just shakes his head. Ugh. My sweet girl nature won't let me leave til I find him. Luckily after about 15 minutes of searching, I find his hotel room. The clerk gives me a key and I unlock the door. He's unconscious on the bed, empty beer bottles littering the floor at least a dozen. I step over them and walk over to the bed, waking him up. A heavy deep groan slips out as he opens his eyes. They're blood shot as can be. "Jason!" I gasp. "Princess?" "Don't you dare call me that!" "I can't even think straight. Please don't yell." He mumbles, sitting up. He blinks several times and shields his eyes from the light. "I don't think I have ever been this badly hungover in my whole life." He says, a pain filled groan escaping him as he crashes back onto the bed. "I just came to tell you me and Sam are going home early." "And what does she say about that?" "She's five Jason." He sighs and opens his eyes again, squinting in the light. "I meant every last word I said last night." I sigh. "I know you did but it's too late. Don't make it any harder than it has to be." He stands up, almost falling. I catch him before he does. He's frozen there for like five seconds. "What were you doing?" I ask. "Going to the bathroom until.... I had you in my arms again." I let go of him. He hits the floor hard. "Oh man, that didn't feel good." He mumbles. I glare at him as he struggles to get up. "Ugh, you drunk moron!" I gripe, helping him onto the bed. "See ya Jason." I say, waving. "I-I'll miss you.... Very much... I hope... You and Jacob work out. Don't let him screw you over like I did." He says, staring at the floor. I'm shocked to hear him say that. "Thanks Asphalt Cowboy. It means the world to hear you say that." I say, kissing his cheek and leaving.