Trying To Cope

Meagan's pov

"I'm an asphalt cowboy, born to run underneath the stars pay no mind to my lonely heart...." He sings onstage with his eyes closed. That song is so enchanting. He finishes it and walks to the edge of the stage, highfiving fans, a smile on his face again.

*later*

"Is all this really necessary?" He mutters crossing his arms. "You don't want to get hurt again, do you?" I ask. "Of course not, but-" "Then this is necessary." I say. He glares at the floor where I laid out booby traps to wake him up if he sleep walked.

Jason's pov

I sigh and sit down. I don't like this one bit. I open my mini fridge and down a couple beers for crashing. I stare at the ceiling, dying slow in a living hell. I slowly drift off with a beer in my hand.

*in his dream*

I was waiting in line at McDonalds. I finally get my order and get home. Sam and Meagan are crying on the couch. Oh man! "G-Guys, please tell me she's okay." I stumble to say, terrified. Meagan stands up, looking at me sadly and I know it's true. I drop the food and take off running for the stairs. I bust into our room and it comes out into a graveyard?! I find her grave hitting my knees in front of it. I hear screams from down below. My eyes go wide alarmed. "Baby?!" She's still alive down there!

Meagan's pov

I am freezing. I open my eyes and realize the door is open again! Crap! He sleep walked again! I take off running, calling his name. After a lot of looking, I found him at the cemetery. "She's still alive!" He gasps in his sleep. Then I realize he's trying to dig her up. "Jason! Stop!" I shout, grabbing his shoulder and shaking him. He throws me off and I hit my head on a tombstone.

Jason's pov

*in his dream*

No matter how hard I dig I can't get to her. "Where are you?!" I cry, terrified. My eyes go wide, horrified. Is she........ In Hell?! I shakily fall back and try to get the mud off my hands.

*he wakes up*

I look at the sky and it's not raining. I just realized I sleep walked again. "Dammit!" I mutter, frustrated. Then I see Meagan crying and holding her head. "Huh? What are you doing here?" "I was trying to stop you!" She shouts, looking at me angrily. My eyes go wide. "What..... Did I do?" "You were trying to dig her up!" Just like in the dream! "And you shoved me when I tried to stop you." I help her up. "I'm sorry. I didn't even know." She pulls away and walks back home. I sigh and follow. I wash the dirt off my hands. "Meagan I'm sorry. I don't remember doing that. I mean I know I did I just I was asleep. You're not mad at me are you?" "I'm mad at the situation! And my damn head hurts." "I'm so sorry." I say, hugging her. She takes some Tylenol. I sit at the table, feeling worse than before. I grab another beer. "Do you forgive me?" She nods and I breathe a relieved sigh. I hate that I did that.

*one week later*

Meagan's pov

Jason comes home from a show, laughing hysterically. It's good to see him happy again. He falls against the wall and Luke helps him back up. "He uh got a little drunk." He says, glancing back at me. I smile and cross my arms. "At least he's happy." I say, smiling. Luke sighs and gets him on the couch. "He's doing it again." Huh? "Doing what?" I ask, confused. "Getting wasted to get away from his depression. He did this the first time she left when she took Sam from him." His eyes are closed now. "Is he.... Gonna be okay?" I ask. He sighs. "I don't know." Luke leaves and I sit beside Jason. "Are you okay, Jason?" He just keeps smiling, his eyes closed. "Jason?" He opens one eye. "Oh hey. I uh..... Man tonight's show was fun." He says, laughing again. I'm kinda worried. "Hey baby, gimme a kiss." He says, grabbing my waist. "Whoa, Jason! It's me Meagan!" I gasp. "Golly baby I always loved it when you played hard to get." He whispers in my ear and I can't break free from his grip on my waist. "Jason, let go!" I gasp, trying to escape. "I'm never lettin' ya go again cowgirl." He says, kissing my neck. Oh man. Oh wow. Okay um.....

*the next day*

Jason's pov

Man, I'm hungover. "So you're finally awake?" I sit up quickly. "Who-" It's Meagan. She was sitting in the chair looking mad. "Uh h-hey Meagan. What..... Uh what happened?" I ask. "You were drunk last night." "That happens alot at shows." "It wasn't the drunkness that got to me." Huh? "What do you-" "You thought I was Miranda and tried to-" But she doesn't finish her sentence. "What did I do?" "You tried to have sex with me and got mad when I wouldn't." Oh jeez. "Um..... I'm not sure what to say about that!" I shakily get up, my head pounding. The door downstairs opens and closes. "Dad?" Sam. I walk downstairs, a hand to my head. "Hey dad, you okay?" I nod. "Just a little hungover." "Well I'm.... I mean me and Eric are gonna be parents to a little girl." I force a smile through the pain and sadness. "That's great, darlin'. I'm really happy for you." I say, leaning against the wall. Meagan walks down the stairs. She is super pissed off. I feel super bad. "Meagan I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that." Then I notice something I didn't notice before. A red mark on her cheek and a bruise on her arm and my stomach just drops.