What really happened?

Jason's pov

I finally reach the town she lived in and I run into Sierra. I stare at the ground. She knows all about it. "Did you come to visit Miranda?" She asks. I sigh. "I can't believe she was murdered." I mumble, furious. "I came to kick the jerk's ass!" "Relax Jason, she's only attempted murder. She's in a coma in the hospital." My eyes go wide in shock. "But Sam said-" "Sam ran off as soon as she was shot because she was terrified." "So there's still a chance.... Oh thank you so much!" I get back in my truck and floor it to the hospital, revenge on the fucker will have to wait. I need to see my girl. I stumble into her room. She's got a breathing tube and lots of machines. "Baby girl." I whisper, hitting my knees beside her bed. I grip her hand fighting back tears. "I swear baby if you wake up, I'll make this right." Sierra walks in her room. "We should probably tell Sam." I nod and pull out my phone, my hand shaking as it slips from hers.

*later*

The doctor walks in and takes her vitals. "Is there any improvement? Can you tell me if she's gonna survive?" I ask, nervously. Sam is asleep in the chair. "Sir, all we can do is wait. There's nothing we can do." I stare at the girl I love. "Baby, please wake up." I whisper, brushing a lock of blonde hair out of her face.

*2 weeks later*

Sierra's pov

"I never thought I'd get this chance again but now if she wakes up I swear I will make this right." He says, pacing the living room of her house. Sam stares at him worriedly. "Will this really be enough to bring them back together?" She whispers. I shrug, staring worriedly at the stressed out cowboy. I stand up, standing in front of him, forcing him to stop walking. He looks right at me, fear in his gorgeous green eyes. "Her biggest mistake was walking out on you." I say. "What do you mean?" He asks. "Walking out on true love." A single tear falls down his cheek. I hug him. "She's got to be okay. I can't lose her again." He cries. Sam is staring at him shocked. "Jason, Sam is watching you." I whisper. His hands tense up. "I'm gonna go back up to the hospital." He mumbles.

Jason's pov

I walk in her room and surprisingly the breathing tube is out of her mouth. I walk in her room. "Hey honey, I'm back. And this time, I won't let you leave." I say, sitting beside her bed. "We're all hoping you get better. Sam still needs her mama." I mumble, miserable, my head bowed. "Jason? Is that you?" My head shoots up in shock. "Baby girl, yeah it's me.... I came as soon as I found out." I stand back up, my hand still holding hers, tears in my eyes. "Oh Jason, I've been so horrible to you. I wish I could go back in time and slap myself silly." She whimpers also crying. I wipe away her tears. "It's okay hun, that's in the past. We're here together now. That's all that matters." She squeezes my hand. "Can you ever forgive me?" She whimpers. I smile. "Only if you forgive me for not calling you back all those years ago." I joke. She smiles. "Jason, I-" I put my finger to her lips. Her eyes wide. "Baby girl, I'm gonna take care of you and Sam and this time I won't take no for an answer." Tears come to her eyes. "C-Can I kiss you?" She squeezes my hand again and nods. I smile and kiss her like I did all those years ago. My heart pounds in my chest. I sit back down in the seat beside her bed. "Jason, that little girl never forgot you. Every year she wished the same thing." "Wished what hun?" "To have her daddy back. I shouldn't have kept her from you. I'm so sorry." "Don't be baby. It's okay." She struggles to sit up and I help her. "I was wrong to turn you away." "Since we're back together, none of what happened then matters. We're back." I pull her into a tight hug onto my lap. Her head rests against my chest. "I'm glad you're back." She whispers. I kiss her head. "Me too baby, me too."