Still Bad At Titles

Miranda's pov

Jason threw a bonfire in celebration of my baby girl's engagement.... I mean our little girl's engagement. He walks out of the house with burgers and hot dogs and a beer in his back pocket. I laugh when I read his T-shirt. The groom better watch out cause I'm the father. He sets the burgers on the grill. I walk over and swipe the beer from his back pocket. He smiles. "You sneak." "Nice shirt." I say, pointing. He laughs. "Had it specially made." He says, taking the beer back and opening it then handing it back to me. "Oh you can have it Jay." I say. He shakes his head. "I got my own." Then he pulls out a mason jar. I laugh.

*later*

Jason's pov

I hear Sam and Eric talking. "We go together like moonshine in a mason jar." She whispers, kissing him. I sigh and stare at my boots, on my fourth jar of moonshine. Brantley sots beside me. "Go easy on the shine man." I roll my eyes. "Don't tell me how to drink!" I snap annoyed. I stand up, losing my balance a little from being drunk. He laughs. "Shut up!" I gripe, throwing my jar at him. I find Miranda in the crowd talking to Brantley's girl, Amber. I smirk and grab her shoulders. She squeals and drops her beer in surprise. I laugh. "You butt!" She gasps, swatting me. I laugh again. "That's the best you got?" I tease, grabbing her waist. "Fine, you Ass-phalt cowboy." "Now that one was good." I say, kissing her. "Jason, are you drunk?" "Big time. Gonna have a killer hangover tomorrow." She grabs my hand and walks inside. "What's goin' on babe?" She just rolls her eyes and tells me to sit down. "You stay here until you sober up some." I laugh. "You're kiddin' babe?" "No, you were getting really touchy out there!" She walks back outside. I stay on the couch, trying to stop the spinning in my head. Luke sits beside me with two moonshine jars. Hehands one to me but I shake my head. "Dude, I'm already bad drunk!" He rolls his eyes, glaring at the door. "You okay bro?" "Yeah just that girl trying to control you again!" Ugh. "She's fine and right. I am barely able to stand." He laughs. "You can't handle moonshine!" "Not four jars of it."

*later*

Ugh, that hangover is already starting and the night isn't over yet. I lay in bed when she comes in, looking upset. "What's wrong?" "Why'd you get so drunk?" "I don't know. I wasn't really paying attention." She lays beside me. "It wasn't because of the shit going on?" I stop short. "Hold on. You ain't drunk too are ya?" "No." "Baby I told you ain't still mad about that." Someone knocks on the door, worsening my headache and making a groan slip out of me. "Go away!" Miranda shouts. Pretty soon they leave and she cuddles up close to me. "You sure you ain't drunk?" She laughs. "No, Jason but you're bad out of it." I lay my head against the pillows. "That I am, princess." I turn on some music on my phone. Thomas Rhett's die a happy man comes on Pandora. I stand up, a hand against the wall to keep from falling. "Care to dance, gorgeous?" I take her hands and we danced to the song, me laughing from barely being able to stay standing. "You're a beautiful goddess, the perfect the hottest a masterpiece. It's too good to be true, nothing better to do in my wildest dreams." I whisper sing the song to her, her head against my chest. She suddenly looks up. "I love you." She whispers. I smile and kiss her. "I love you too."

Miranda's pov

We were making out against the wall when he turns around and backs up onto the bed, me on his lap. "I don't dance with a girl and leave her hanging." He whispers, pushing me back against the pillows. I remember when he first told me that, all those years ago. This guy has been through hell dealing with me and he still loves me. The next time he asks me to marry him or anything related to that I will say yes. And I'm stone cold sober.