News

Miranda's pov

*one week later*

All week, I've been thinking about the guy at the bar. Jason. I look him up but without a last name it's difficult. I type asphalt cowboy and it brings up picture of him and a CD. Whoa. He's a famous singer. How did I not know? I go to the bar and tie the apron around my waist. The bell rings above the door. Tommy walks through the door. "I really want you back." He says. I shake my head and hand him a bud light. His usual drink. "Please baby, I love you!" He begs. "You didn't seem to love me when you were fucking that other girl." I gripe. "It was a mistake. I promise it won't happen again." I smile. "You're right it won't." He looks hopeful. "Because we are never ever ever getting back together." His face falls.

Jason's pov

I hope to find the girl from the bar but every time I go down there she's not there. I walk in anyway hopefully and there's that guy from the first night, a girl against the wall. She looks annoyed and pushes him away and I realize it's the girl I was looking for. "Get off me! What part of no do you not understand!?" She yells. I grab his shirt and throw him off. "The gal said no!" I gripe. "Jason! Hey! I was hoping I'd run into you again." She says. I smile and turn back around to her. "Me too. I've been coming down here for the last week." "Oh sorry. I was off all week because my sister gave birth to her baby." "Oh congrats." She nods. "So ya want a Budweiser I assume?" She asks, walking behind the counter. The guy is still staring at us from the floor. He must be the ex boyfriend. I shake my head and put my hands on the counter. "We've got it all. What do you want?" I smile. "You." Her eyes go wide. "Me? You want me?" "Of course darlin'." She takes the apron off. "What ya doin'?" I ask. "I'm closing early." She says, shoving the ex out and locking the door. He looks pissed but he leaves. She turns around and I kiss her, resting my hands on her sides. She leans her back against the bar. I pick her up setting her on the bar. My song asphalt cowboy comes on the radio. "Your nickname!" She gasps. I nod. "One of the coolest songs I've ever done."

*the next day*

I smile as I wake up in the drunk room which is a room I let people sleep in when they're too drunk to drive home. I nudge Jason and he wakes up too. "Wild night huh?" He asks. I nod. "We should do it again sometime." He smiles. "We should." He says, sitting up and kissing me.

Jason's pov

*a few days later*

Mom calls me and says I need to come home to Macon because Kasi's getting married. Ugh. I don't want to. But I pack up my stuff and head there. I get a text from Miranda asking me where I am. I don't reply mostly because I'm too busy getting ready. When I'm about to, the best man's brother bumps my arm and I drop my phone in a damn mud puddle. I pick it back up but it won't turn on! I didn't know her number by heart. Now what do I do?! Oh well, she'll probably forget about me soon. I don't think I'm in the mood to date any way. It was just a one night thing. And seeing Kasi and her dumb fiancé together only makes it more annoying.

Miranda's pov

It's been a few weeks since Jason has talked to me. Man, I guess it was just what I thought. A way to get laid and I fell for it. Ugh. Oh well. I'll move on. I'll over him. I text him anyway.

M: are you mad?

M: did I do something to piss you off?

No response. Whatever. Guys are all the same. I thought he really loved me but I was wrong. As usual. I'm sick of life. I'm sick of my life. I called him multiple times but nothing. Screw him. I feel cruddy and sick to my stomach then I throw up hard. And am like that all day. Probably stress and grief. I guess no one could ever love me. Other than Tommy but I've never been one to take back a cheater.

*a few days later*

The throwing up doesn't go away so I go to the doctor's and he gives me the most shocking news ever. I'm pregnant. I gotta call Jason! Oh no! He won't answer his phone!

Jason's pov

The unknown number rings on my phone again. I still can't think of who it could belong to. A soft brush on my arm makes me drop my phone. Athens. He's probably hungry. "Come on boy. I'm kinda hungry too. Or is it just boredom." I mutter, shrugging. Why am I talking to a dog? Who cares?

Miranda's pov

I've called and called and called. Still nothing. Fine. I guess my baby will just not know him.

4 years later

My daughter Sam has gotten into country music which annoys me because Jason is in it. She doesn't know he's her dad. He doesn't know either. He never would answer. So it's just been me and her. The thing that pisses me off is she loves his music. If only she knew.