Finding Talent, Forgiveness, And A Proposal

Jason's pov

I finally get home and Mike is waiting for me. "Hey dude, how ya doin'?" He asks, shaking my hand. I smile. "Better bro, I think I can be back out on tour in a week or two." Sam comes out of her room, prepared to leave. "Where are you going?" "Oh I have night classes at the nearby college." Oh wow. My little girl is in college! "I... Uh ok." I mumble. She hugs me and leaves. Luke sits on the couch beside me. "Where's your girl?" He gripes. "Who the fuck knows?" I grumble annoyed. "You don't know?!" "I don't care!" The more I think about her, the more I think about what she did to me and I can't even think about it right now.

*later*

I'm slightly drunk when she finally comes home. "Where have you been all day?" "At... Work?" She says, sounding confused. "Oh. I..... What do you work as?" Her face gets red. "What's with that look?" She just walks to the bedroom. Huh?! I can't get up without my stomach hurting. "Babe?" I call. "Leave me alone!" What the? She's crying now! I force myself up and get to her room. "What's wrong?!" I cry. She's crying on her bed. I'm so confused.

Miranda's pov

I don't want to tell him how badly my financial life was and how I had to become a stripper. "Baby why are you crying?" He gasps then shuts his eyes tight and groans, a hand to his stomach. I sigh. "Sit down, Jason, you're just hurting yourself more." "Not until.... You talk to me." He gripes, gritting his teeth. I sigh. "Sit down and I'll talk." He sits down beside me and leans against the headboard.

Jason's pov

"After everything happened, I had to get a job and the only place that was hiring was.... The gentleman's club down the street." Oh my God! "Are you saying..... You're a stripper?!" "Was a stripper! I quit today." Damn. I can't believe she was a stripper! "I'm fine though. Nothing ever happened." I glare at my hands which are in tight fists. I decide not to fight about it though.

*later*

Sam gets home from her college classes. I hear giggling. Huh? I get up and peek out the door. She's in the arms of some guy. Some dark haired tall guy. "Who's that?" I gripe, walking down the stairs. They both are caught off guard. "Oh uh, dad, this is Eric, he's my boyfriend. We've been together for about three years." "Um Eric, I uh I'm Sam's dad." I say, shaking his hand. This is weird. I've never done this before. "Sam told me about the accident. Hope you're doing better." I force a smile and nod. "Yeah but it wasn't an accident. I was attacked."

*the next day*

Sam's pov

"I'm off to the studio. You kids behave." Dad says. I roll my eyes. "We aren't kids, dad." He rolls his eyes. I laugh. "No funny business." He says, pointing at me. He sighs and walks out. "I... I'll be right back." I say, standing up.

Jason's pov

"Dad, dad wait!" I stop, walking. "Are you alright?" I nod. "No you're not. What's wrong?" "I'm just upset about everything that's happened." She glances back at Eric. "Hey dad, can I come with you to the studio?" "Why would you want to come to the studio with me?" "I want to! Can I?" "Yeah. I guess so. I just don't see why-" "Let's go!" She cries, grabbing my hand and running to my truck. My stomach still hurts but I'm just gonna ignore it. We get to the studio. "Hey uncle Mike!" She says, hugging him. I'm confused. "Dude, since when are you uncle Mike?" I gasp, laughing. "No idea. She's never called me that before." This is starting to get weird. "Alright I guess I'm gettin' in the studio."

*later*

I get back to where I left Sam but she's not there. "Mike? Where's Sam?" Then I hear a girl singing and she's really good. Mike smirks and I run down the hallway. Sam's singing in one of the studios. Whoa. She's.... Amazing! Mike walks over to me. "Can she sing or can she?" He asks. "Yep, she's definitely my girl." I say, proudly, my hands on my hips. She walks out, smiling. "Hey, how'd I sound?" "Wow, princess you sing better than I do!" I gasp. "Really?" "Yeah, Mike, I know who my opener for the tour is!" He laughs and puts a hand on my shoulder. "You and me both!" He says, laughing.

Miranda's pov

Jason and Sam get home from the studio. Eric stands up and Sam runs into his arms. "My singing dream is coming true!" She cries. My eye go wide. "Huh? What are you talking about?" I gape. Jason grabs my arm and takes me to the kitchen. "Sam is going on tour with me as my opener. She can sing like an angel!" He gasps, excited. I smile. "I should've known." I say, crossing my arms. "Huh? What do you mean by that?" He asks. "Oh nothing. I'm just so glad this is happening everything fell into place." I reply, glancing into the living room where they're talking, hugging, and kissing. I smile and turn back to Jason. He's smiling too. "She's finally following in her daddy's footsteps." He says. I feel so bad about everything that has happened. I sigh. "Jason, I'm so sorry." I say, hugging him. "Sorry? Huh? What do ya mean?" "I left and ruined everything for you. How could you still love me after that? I'm such a horrible person!" I break down crying, my shoulders shaking. He hugs me. "Stop blaming yourself for that. It's in the past." I back up and sit down. "I feel so bad." "Don't feel bad baby. I'm not mad at you." "Yes you are. I heard you and Luke talking."

Jason's pov

My eyes go wide. Oh crap! She heard that! "I uh... Baby I was doped up on pain meds. I didn't mean that!" I lie. She wipes her eyes. "Really?" She whimpers. I walk over where she was sitting at the table. "Really. Don't worry about anything. I love you and Sam and that's all that should matter." I pull her up to standing and hug her tight. I hear a scream from the living room. We both rush in there and Eric is down on one knee. My hands tense up in shock. "Oh my God! My baby's getting married!" Miranda cries, running to her. They hug and gush over the engagement ring. She's getting married. I can't believe it. I missed everything in her life. I'm sure as hell not gonna miss this. "I'm getting married and going on tour with dad!" She squeals, hugging him. I stumble to a chair, still too shocked to think. "Jason, you okay?" "I... Uh yeah I.... I'm fine." Suddenly that enraged part of me, the part that will never truly let go, comes to the surface. I leave the room so I don't say something I'll regret. But I hear footsteps. I turn around, a hand to my pounding head. "You're not okay. What's wrong?" I can't say what I'm thinking. She'll be pissed off. "Jason, please talk to me." "No, you'll get mad at what I have to say." I sit down on the edge of the bed. "No I won't." "Yes you will." She sits down beside me. "I promise I won't. I probably deserve it anyway." My eyes go wide. Now there's no way I can tell her. I shake my head, grabbing her hands. "Nah, people make mistakes. I just... I have to learn to let go of the past. I do forgive you. I promise." "Sam's getting married." She mumbles. "Yeah she is baby. I'm so proud." I pull her chin up and kiss her.

*later*

She rests her head against my chest, my arm around her waist. I kiss her head. "I do forgive you. For real." I whisper. And for once that's the truth. That small part of me that'll never forgive her is gone.