Regrets And Harsh Words

Miranda's pov

I tell Sam over the phone that I'm pregnant again. She's super excited and says she's coming over. Jason was celebrating with the guys at the bar.

Jason's pov

This time nothing bad is gonna happen. I won't let it. "I'm sorry for what I said Jason. It was uncalled for." Luke says, sitting beside me. I smile. "Thanks. That means a lot to me. And I'm sorry for punching you." He laughs slightly. "I guess I'm just worried. You're my best friend and I remember how bad it hurt when something happened last time." "It won't happen again. I already made sure." He smiles. "Still friends?" He asks, holding out a hand. "The best." I say, hugging him instead. "I'm gonna head home. Hey Bruce my keys!" I call to the barkeep. "No Jason. You've been drinking. Ya know I don't allow it." I sigh. "How am I gonna get home?" "Call that wife of yours." I glare at my shoes. "She ain't my wife. She's just my girlfriend. She doesn't wanna get married." Luke sighs and we both sit back down. I guess I'll wait til I sober up.

Miranda's pov

I wish I didn't say no all those years ago. That was the biggest mistake ever. Me and Sam were looking through photo albums. I wish I married him. I don't know if he'll ever ask again. "If he asked, I'd say yes." I whisper, fighting back tears. "What was that mom?" Sam asks. "Oh nothing, sweetheart." I say, putting my hands on my stomach. "Daddy loves you." I whisper. Jason comes home from the bar. "My friends wouldn't stop givin' me shots." He says, stumbling a little. I smile. He sits beside me. "What y'all doin'?" He asks, putting an arm on my shoulders. "Lookin' at pictures." Jason ruffles Sam's hair. "When did you get here kiddo?" "A little after noon." Jason's really drunk. I help him stand up. "How'd you get home from the bar?" "Oh uh Bruce drove me. I gotta go pick up my truck tomorrow." He lays down and I lay beside him. He wraps an arm around me and I lay my head on his chest. "You alright babe?" "Yeah just thinkin'." I mumble. "Bout what?" I sit up, worried. "Do you regret ever finding me again?" His eyes go wide. "What? Of course not! After everything went down I was hoping and praying I'd find y'all again. I guess all that praying came through. Baby everyone makes mistakes. I'm not mad at you anymore." "Can you be brutally honest with me?" "Hm what with being drunk that's all you're gonna get. I'm a terrible liar when drunk." I smile but it quickly fades. "What's wrong? Hun talk to me." He says, putting a hand on my cheek, worried. I put a hand over his. "When we first met, did you really mean what you said or was it just a way to get lucky." He laughs. "Hun, I never even knew what that meant back then. I was wanting to get you away from those jerk guys that were bugging you." "My ex boyfriend." "Yeah him." He says, frowning. "Whatever happened to him anyway?" "No clue. You alright?" "Minus a killer headache. I'm fine." I lay back down beside him. "I love you Jason. I really do." He smiles and kisses my head. "I love you too. I really do too."

*3 weeks later*

I was hanging out at the house while Jason was at the studio when Luke came over. I know he doesn't like me. "What's up?" "He asked me to pick you up." I follow him to his truck. "Hey Luke has Jason talked to you about marriage yet?" He laughs a little while staring out the windshield. "What's so funny?" "I asked him if he was ever gonna tie the knot with ya since you're having a second baby and all. His exact words and I quote, 'Fuck no, the last time I tried that she disappeared for fifteen years!' And unquote." He says, gruffly. My body stiffens. He doesn't want to marry me. He's afraid it's gonna happen again! "He may have forgiven you but I can't and won't. You hurt my best friend to the extent where he became a full blown alcoholic and nothing could get through to him. Not even me. So I don't nor will I ever like the idea of you being back in his life. If you hurt him like last time, I will not hesitate to put a bullet in your head. And don't hang this damn baby over his head. Cause that's what he wants most in the world. A kid." Wow, that was harsh. I didn't expect that. My hands clamp tight to the seat. I can't wait to get out of this truck.

Jason's pov

Luke and Miranda get here. "What's the occasion?" She asks, wiping her eyes. "Hun? What's wrong?" "Oh nothing just pregnancy hormones. They make me all cryey like this." "You sure?" "Yeah." Luke looks pissed so I know that isn't all it is. I'll ask him later. "Anyways we're going out tonight."

*later*

She's asleep. I'm calling Luke. I walk outside. "Ok Luke what'd you say to her to make her cry?" "What nothin'! You heard what she said. Pregnancy hormones!" "I know that's BS! I saw how ticked you were!" "I was ticked because I can't stand the bitch. But I didn't say nothin' she didn't deserve!" "What?" "Shit!" I grip the phone tighter. "What'd you say?"

*later*

I pour a glass of scotch. I can't believe he said all that. "Jason? Are you okay?" I almost drop my glass. "Hey babe, didn't know you were awake." "Had to go to the bathroom. What's wrong?" "Nothin's wrong." She puts her hands on her hips. "One thing I know well about you. You drink scotch when you're ticked about something." Damn she knows me too well. I set the glass down. "I'm just pissed about what Luke told you. He had no right to say that. Especially about killing you." "How'd you find out about that?" "I called him. Hun just like you know me too well, I know you and Luke too well. I could tell it wasn't just hormones." She sighs. "Is it true?" "Is what true?" "Were you a full blown alcoholic because of me?" My hands tense up. I don't wanna lie but I don't want to tell her the truth! I stare at the bottle of scotch. I sigh. "Yes it's true. Luke forced me to go to AA." "I'm sorry Jason." "You've already apologized so many times for it all. Don't beat yourself up. What's past is past. Ya can't change it. I love ya." "I love you too, Jay." I smile and dump the rest of the scotch down the sink. "Let's go back to bed, Mrs. Pregnancy." She laughs and holds my hand, intertwining our fingers together. I kiss her hand then we go to bed.