Chapter 5

<After the countdown>

Val's POV

I start to scream my head off and jump up and down as the back tracks start to play and the lights start to come on in certain areas of the stage. This is actually happening! I'm seeing my favourite band and I get to meet them after the show! This is going to be the best night of my life! I hear the crash of a symbol and I scream even louder. It was Ashton on his drums. Then I hear guitars, but there was no sign of the other boys and then, as if on cue, I see Michael come out, then Luke, then Calum run onto the stage

How did we end up talking, in the first place.

You said you liked my Cobain shirt, now we're walking back to you place.

You're telling how you love that song about, living on a prayer.

I'm pretty sure that we're half way there and when I wake up next to you I wonder how.

"How did we end up hear!" I scream/sing along with the rest of the fans in the crowd.

After they finish End Up Here, the start talking to the crowd.

"Toronto how we feeling to night!!" Michael screams out to the crowd. We all scream back as a response. "I just wanted to say, how amazing it feels to be back in Canada again. It just feels right you know." We all scream again. The boys all smile as we screamed, enjoying every minute of being on stage. "Now, who wants to hear another song?!" Calum yelled into the microphone. We all scream back at him. I think I'm going to be deaf and not have a voice by the end of this concert. "Alright, this is Long Way Home." The crowd screams again!

After about 3 more songs, they play Rejects. Half way through the song, the lights go off the boys now have flash lights.

"So right now, we are going to be bring one of you guys up on stage to play an instrument of ours!" Luke said into the microphone. As they move the lights all over the crowd, I screamed, hoping to God they would pick me to go up. I can play all the instruments on that stage but I really love the bass. I see Luke coming towards where I was sitting and he shines the light over the front row and the light lands on...

Luke's POV

I walk up to the front where Val was sitting. I'm obviously going to pick her but I try and not make it obvious. I shine the light across the front row and I point it to Val. She looks so shocked. I smile to her and point where she has to go. She starts walking down the row to the side of the stage, the crowd cheering her on but some of the girls in the front row looked really upset that they didn't get picked.

The lights come back on and we give the flashlights back to the stage crew and go to center stage to wait for Val. She comes on stage and is just in awe of how many people at there. She comes over to us and gives me and Michael a hug. 'She's so warm.' I think to myself/

"What's your name?" Michael asked kind of close to Val so she would be able to hear him over all the screaming from the crowd. "Val." She said with a smile into the microphone Michael put near her beautiful lips. "GIVE IT UP FOR VAL!" Michael yells to the crowd and the crowd goes more wild than before. "So do you play an instrument?" I asked her, my arms crossed over my chest, guitar hanging off my shoulders.

"I play everything on this stage, and I sing, but I really love the bass. So Calum you have to give it up for a little bit." She says looking at Calum and pointing to this bass. He just laughs and comes to the center stage, taking off the bass and holding it out to her. "So Val, what do you know how to play?" Ashton asked from his drum set. "Well the first song I learned was actually Try Hard by you guys." She says, putting on the bass and adjusting the strap as the crowd just goes crazy. "Well here you go." Calum says turning up the bass, the ring from the speakers coming into our inears.

"Why don't you come sing the song?" I ask her. She looks at me as in saying 'are you serious?'. I nod, gesturing her to come over to my mic stand. She walks towards me so I can set the stand to her level. I could see that Val was nervous as she took a shaky breath and began to play. We all follow her as she plays, minus Calum of course.

She's dropping out of school cause she don't need the grades.

The colours in her hair, don't seem to fade.

I get dressed up when I go out, but she get dress down.

We continue to play and I just can't help but admire how good she is at singing. It was like the voice of an angel.

But now, who knew, she's in the crowd of my show.

Nothing to loose.

She's standing right in the front row.

The perfect view, she came along on her own, and there's something that you should know.

We ended up playing the whole song instead of only a few lines like at the other shows we played and Val just looks so comfortable up there. It was like she was meant to play onstage in a band. When we finished the crowd went wild and Val gave Calum back the bass after he gave her a hug, probably saying something along the lines of 'you were amazing out there' or something like that.

She went to wave to Ashton, but he ended up coming down from his drum set, giving her a hug and his sticks he was using. Then she came and gave me a hug and it was like I never wanted to let go. "You did great Val. You should be proud of yourself." I yell in her ear so she can hear me over the crowd. She smiled at me acknowledging that she did hear me and walked over to Michael to give him a hug, and he probably said some kind words and then she walked off stage and was lifted back over the baracade.

We finished Rejects and continued with the show.

Hey guys!!

So Val went on stage! And by the way, this is based when the boys did the ROWYSO tour back in 2015 in Toronto, which I was at but I never went on stage. I was too far away from the stage sadly... But I am forever grateful that I even got to go.

So in the mean time... follow me on...

Instagram – abby.cos.signs

Tiktok – abby.cos.signs

Love you guys!!

Abby xox