Chapter 22 - Rain

Start from the beginning

This is a much smaller piano room then the one downstairs, where I usually am, but this one has a much grander view. Even dough it's still raining I walk over to the small balcony and when I look outside I see this beautiful view of the field behind the school. I open the doors to let the rain and fresh air in.

Looking around me I see that in this room, besides the piano, there are a lot of bookshelves, a somewhat small wooden table, two old armchairs and an easel. Huh, what's an easel doing in a music school? Walking over to the table, there's an old looking journal on it. I probably shouldn't touch it.... but it looks like it's been here for quite a lot of time, collecting dust.

I pick it up and opet it to see that it's an art journal, full of amazing drawing. Someone really was talented. It's a shame they left this behind. Hearing a meow, I put the art journal back onto the table and walk over to Kohaku, who's sitting on the piano.

I sit down and play a few keys. It sounds like it's toned. Just as I look up at Kohaku, I see my headphones in front of him. With a small sigh escaping my lips, I pat him.

"You want me to let it out, don't you?" he gives me a meow and some kind of a nod of the head. Looking down at the keys, I start playing a tune that was in my head all day today.

"Staring my reflection in the mirror
Why am I doing this to myself?
Losing my mind on a tiny error
I nearly left the real me on the shelf
No, no, no, no, no,

Don’t lose who you are in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing
It’s okay not to be okay
Sometimes it’s hard to follow your heart

Tears don’t mean you’re losing
Everybody is bruising
Just be true to who you are."

I continue playing with my eyes closed. Every time I sing, all the lyrics that I sing are bits and pieces from my journal. I just sing as I play and it takes me to a whole other world.

"Brushing my hair, do I look perfect?
I forgot what to do to fit the mold
The more I try the less it’s working
Cuz everything inside me screams
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

Don’t lose who you are in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing
It’s okay not to be okay
Sometimes it’s hard to follow your heart

Tears don’t mean you’re losing
Everybody is bruising
There’s nothing wrong with who you are

Yes, no egos, fake shows like whoa
Just go and leave me alone
Real talk, real life, good luck, goodnight
With a smile, cuz that’s my home

That’s my home
Noo, no, no, no, no, no

Don’t lose who you are in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing
It’s okay not to be okay
Sometimes it’s hard to follow your heart

Tears don’t mean you’re losing
Everybody is bruising
Just be true to who you are

Just be true to who you are."

I hear a thud and quickly stand up. Looking towards the door I call out,

"Who's there?" slowly the headmaster walks out from around the corner. My eyes widen as I take a step back. Believe it or not, this guy still freaks me out but I quickly composed myself.

"H-headmaster? Gomen'nasai, I didn't know you were standing there." I say as I cross my arms.

"That was kind of the point, Miss L/N." he says. I raise an eyebrow at him and his behavior. He's acting like a.... normal headmaster. He walks into the room and starts looking around.

"You shouldn't be in here, Miss L/N." I follow him with my eyes as he keeps moving around.

"Why?" he just sighs.

"The door's always locked - How did you get in?" he asks turning around a looking at me. Thank God, I'm not afraid of him right now. Maybe it's because he acting normal, I'm prabably still afraid of him when he actes.... like that.

"It was unlocked when I tried to open the door." he just gives me a curt nod.

"You have great talet, Miss L/N, and I know you're going to make it in the music industry." he says which make me smile a little.

"Thank you, sir." I say as I give him a small bow. He just gives me a nod again.

"Because you have given yourself a reputation as a future idol and composer, there might be some other idols or composer that may want to work with you." he says while holding his chin. He's going somewhere with this I can just feel it. I knit my eyebrows together as I'm looking at him.

"Where are you going with this, sir?"

"You will have to creat a song with someone for the final graduation project. Be it you sing or compose!" and just like that he's back to his-normal-self. I give him a curt but slow nod and he smiles.

"Good! Good! Good!" he says as he walks over and pats my back.

He starts pushing me out the room and once we're out he gives me back my bag. I start slowly walking away. Glancing behind me, I see him locking the door. With a shake of my head I continue walking. What have I gotten myself into?