Competing

Richelle's pov
This is it. It has been one hour. I have to dance in front of everyone. So much is going through my mind. Will I mess up? Am I going to make the team? What will Lucien do if I lose? Is everyone going to laugh at me? How many nasty looks will I get from The Next Step? I hope I win, I hope Elite loses so that Kate will still own the studio.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when Hunter's music turns on. I watch him carefully, so does Noah. Gosh Noah's so kind to me. I feel like he's the only one who cares about me. The only one who understands me. The only one who makes an effort with me.

Just as Hunter goes to do his front hand spring, he slips. At least I have a chance of winning now, but Hunter deserves a spot as well.

His music finishes and we all clap. Oh no. It's my turn. I feel a hand on my shoulder. That makes me flinch and I turn around to see Noah.
"You're going to great." He says and smiles.
Before I go up, I hug him tightly. He means so much to me, I hope that we both make the team.

"Richelle! Stop hugging and start dancing! Do you want to make the team? Do you even care?" Lucien shouts and I gulp.
I take my place on the floor and get into my starting position. I haven't danced in front this many people since my last competition- the one I lost.

The music starts and I start dancing. My breath is shaking with every move, my legs feel like jelly and everything is a blur. I just hope I'm doing well, I hope I don't fall. If, I do, Lucien will never forgive me. He'll punish me and I don't want that.

Once I finish, Hunter walks onto the dance floor. I feel everyone's eyes burning on us.
"On three, point to who you want on the team. One..two..three." Kate says.
I look around and see everyone pointing at me! Me! Yeah, Hunter messed up but still! I look over to Noah who has a large grin painted on his face. He gives me a thumbs up and I was about to smile for the first time in months until Lucien says, "You did something right for once in your life. But I'll choose the next name."

Noah walks over to me, places his arm around me and takes me to the side instead of standing in the middle of the floor.
"You ok?" He asks quietly as everyone's eyes were on Lucien, who was picking the next name.
I nod my head yes, but I wanted to say no. Have I been doing things my whole life wrong? Is that what Lucien meant?
"Cierra." Lucien says and Elite claps.
Cierra walks up to him and says the name I least expected.
"Noah."