So It Begins

The next day.

Kate's pov
Here we are- Elite and The Next Step each at one end of the room. Me and Lucien are in between the two teams, holding a small black hat. Inside were everyone's names. I really hope that The Next Step can win this because if not, Lucien is going to take over and turn this into another Elite studio! Like one isn't enough...

All eyes are on me as I have to pick the first name. I take a deep breath and stick my hand inside the hat. I feel around inside it and pull out a name. On the small piece of paper it reads Michelle. She should be fine! After all, she is Miss National Soloist! Lucien gives me a look as if to say, "Get on with it."

So, I say, "Michelle."
She trots up to the hat with claps behind her and she has a smile on her face. I hope she can win this! Her hand plunges into the hat and she feels for a piece of paper. When she gets to one, she pulls it out and says, "Jenn."
"Yeah! Go Jenn!" Lucien shouts as a pretty girl with black hair emerges from her team.
She gives Michelle a small smile and Michelle returns it.
"Ok girls, you have one hour to practise and then you will come back here to perform." I say.
The two girls nod and walk out of the door to practise their solos.

-One hour later-

Michelle and Jenn have both come back and it's time for them to perform. Jenn is going first. Lucien thinks going first is always the better option. I disagree. Well, I always disagree with Lucien. Riley turns Jenn's music on and she starts dancing. To my surprise, Jenn is actually a pretty good soloist. But, I'm confident that Michelle can beat her.

Once Jenn finishes, there's a round of applause from Elite and Michelle takes the floor.
"Come on Michelle, you've got this." I mutter under my breath.
Thalia turns her music on and Michelle starts dancing. Wow. Just wow. She's doing amazingly! I knew that she was good but, I didn't know that she was this good! You can really tell that Michelle wants this.

When her music stops playing, Michelle finishes. She stands in the middle of the floor and Jenn walks behind her.
"Ok, on the count of three, point to who you want on the team. One..two..three." I say and everyone points at Michelle.
"Congratulations Michelle, you're the first official dancer on the internationals team! I'm sorry Jenn." I say.
Ok, now I'm extremely happy! In the first round, one of my dancers beat one of Lucien's! This couldn't get any better!

Noah's pov
I'd forgotten how good some of The Next Step dancers were. I mean, we were speeding through the competition. The Next Step keeps winning! James beat Nick, Eldon beat Abi, Riley beat Chantel and Giselle beat Skylar. Because Giselle was the last to compete, she gets to choose the next name. She walks over to the hat, smiling, and picks out a name.

"Hunter." She says and smiles at him.
The Next Step starts to clap as he walks over to the hat. He threw his hand in there and picked out a name.
"Richelle." He says and looks over to her.
I turned to look at Richelle, she was almost shaking with fear. My poor Richelle, I just want to hug her. I just want her to smile.

Richelle's pov
Consequences, consequences, I don't want to face the consequences.

Noah's pov
I started clapping and the rest of Elite joined in. She took small steps forwards towards Hunter. She didn't dare make eye contact with anyone, not even me. Oh gosh I feel bad for her. I want to go up against her and let her win! But, I can't, those aren't the rules. I look at Lucien who has a scowl on his face. What is his problem?!

After Kate says they have an hour to rehearse, Richelle dashes out before Lucien can say anything to her. I run after her and follow her into the music room. She drops to the floor in tears. This is why I'm so protective over her! So many bad things have happened to her, I want to be there for her.
"Oh Richelle!" I exclaim.
I sit next to her and tightly hug her. My poor, fragile Richelle.
"Noah.." She moans quietly into my chest, and her tears sunk into my shirt.

I don't mind, that's the first thing she said in weeks and it was my name! Why is Lucien such a bully? Richelle can't take this! She's only delicate! Lucien has hurt her emotionally and physically! I remember the good times we had back down in J troupe. When she was happy, sassy and, most importantly, confident. When we moved to Elite, it seemed like Lucien took those words out of her head and never put them back. I can't believe how much he has changed her. I don't think I've ever seen her smile or laugh since we moved to Elite. I remember that one day Richelle missed dance because she was sick. I literally mean sick. She was throwing up constantly. Luckily, it was only for a day but when she got to Elite the next day, Lucien went mental. I had to separate him from Richelle so that he didn't keep hitting her!

And now look where we are, me comforting Richelle because Lucien is scaring her, again!
"Don't cry Richelle! I hate seeing you sad! Lucien is just a big idiot! You're going to be ok, you're going to win this! If you don't (which you will) and I do, then you can have my spot on the team. I don't want you to stay at Elite. But you can do this Richelle! I believe in you." I say while rubbing her back.

Hunter's pov
As I'm walking to the music room to practise my solo, I see two people hugging. Not just hugging, the girl is in tears, wait, is that Richelle? It is! And...Noah?! I don't know Noah and Richelle as well as everyone else but why is she crying?
"Shhh, it's ok." Noah says softly, stroking her hair as she cries into his chest.
I want to find out what's wrong, but (no matter how cute this is) it's probably just a distraction tactic. I mean, it's Elite. They'll do anything to win.

Noah's pov
Oh Richelle, what has Elite done to you?