Merging

Kate's pov
As Lucien and Elite come barging in, I feel anger starting to boil inside of me. What do they want now? We won nationals, they didn't. Can't they understand the word LOSE? It's not that hard to understand, so I don't see why they can't get it into their head.

Realising I should go and see what they want, I walk out of my office into studio A where all the dancers are stretching. They all stop once they see Elite in their black outfits. Small whispers can be heard throughout the room as, at the end of the line, two people we all recognise are standing there. Noah and Richelle. I still can't believe they joined Elite.

Walking towards me is the one and only Lucien. Gosh he annoys me. I cross my arms and he stops in front of me. The smell of mint surrounds him as he is chewing gum. Not just chewing, he's basically ripping it apart with his teeth in front of my face! Ugh!

"What do you want Lucien?" I yell, placing my hands on my hips.
"Maybe we should talk in your office." He says and pushes past me into his office.
Rude! I follow him and he takes a seat, so do I.
"Well? Why are you here?" I snarl.
"I'm here to inform you that...."

Riley's pov
I can't believe Elite are here! No one wants them here so why don't they just leave? To make things worse, Noah and Richelle haven't left even though they knew that The Next Step is re-opening! I bet their parents didn't even force them to go! If they did, then they would've left! So clearly, they wanted to join Elite.

A thick silence fills the air as the old A troupe is basically standing opposite Elite. The other dancers who came to audition are in one corner of the room all whispering and standing in a small circle.

However, me, Michelle, Giselle, Thalia, Emily, Amanda, Chloe, West, James, Eldon and Hunter stand before Elite. You can see the anger in our faces as we stare at the team that's dressed in black. My eyes can't help but wander over to Noah and Richelle. I still can't believe that they's betray us like that!

Suddenly Tess steps forward.
"So we meet again." She says with a cruel smile.
"What are you doing here?" Michelle asks angrily, stepping forward as well.
"You'll see." She says and looks over to Kate's office.
I literally had to grab Emily's arm so she doesn't attack Tess. Well, it wouldn't be too bad I guess.

We were interrupted by the sound of a door swinging open and the two studio owners walking out. I wander what they were talking about. I look at Kate and she lets out a quiet sigh but loud enough to hear. Oh no. Something must be wrong.

"I'm sorry for all of you who came to audition but, please can James, Eldon, Emily, West, Riley, Amanda, Hunter, Thalia, Chloe, Giselle and Michelle please stay. The rest of you can go. There are no longer any auditions. Sorry." Kate says, sounding angry.
What? No auditions? What's going on? But why did she ask me and the original A troupe to stay behind? I have no idea what's going on.

"Miss Kate, what's going on?" Emily asks.
She took the words right out of my mouth. As soon as the other dancers leave, Kate says, "There isn't any other way of saying this I guess. You are the new A troupe- for now. Elite and The Next Step are going to merge for internationals. I'm sorry, I had no choice."
MERGING WITH ELITE? Is she crazy? But the tone of voice she had told us that she didn't have a choice. This isn't fair or fun! Why did this have to happen?

So this is the first chapter that I wrote myself! Hope you guys enjoyed it! ❤️