Chapter 21: Return Part 1

It's been a few weeks since Mabel and Dipper went home, and everything was going well. Soos and Melody let me keep the room downstairs while they took the upstairs, considering my situation. It was right down the hall from the kitchen, and there were no stairs, so I was happy about that.

I did manage to find Stan's memory capsule in the basement, so I'm hoping that Bill's in there. Fiddleford had told me that breaking the capsule would release the memories and, if the circle is set up correctly, can be brought back.

Watching the memories I didn't see Bill at all. In fact, there was nothing in the capsule! I had figured that Ford couldn't stand the thought of taking away his brother's memories so he just locked them away. And since Stan's memories came back, then Bill did too. That's what I'm hoping, anyway.

I still await the day Stan and Ford come back. They had called a week ago saying they might stop by soon. They were solving the mystery behind the Lovh Ness monster and were thinking about finding any proof of Atlantis.

Speaking of contact, Mabel called saying how being a technical teenager was going well. She wouldn't stop telling me her excitement for high school and coming to see us every summer. Dipper had cut her off asking if anything strange had come up yet, to which I said no. Could've sworn I heard him curse as well; is he allowed to do that?

They also asked about the baby and Bill. Well, Dipper asked about Bill in case I brought him back and Mabel was flooding me with questions about her. Yes, the baby is a girl. Mabel was ecstatic when I told her, expressing her hopes that life will be easy for the both of us. However, Dipper expressed concern.

"Do you think she'll have Bill's powers? What about his...um, attitude? Maybe she is the way to bring him back!"

"Dip, you have nothing to worry about, okay?" I consoled him. "Everything will be fine."

"We're just concerned. I know Mabel isn't being very mature in that sense but I know she's worried about you too," he explained when he calmed down.

"I know, but, really, you guys have nothing to worry about," I explained.

Dipper sighed, telling me that he was now at ease. "So, when are you due?" He asked. "Oh, and you're on speaker."

"Hey!" Mabel exclaimed.

"Um, in two weeks. I progress twice as fast since it's part multidimensional dream demon, so I've noticed."

"Are you visiting a doctor regularly?" They asked in sync.

"Yeah. They aren't questioning it since the mayor passed the Nevermind-About-All-That Act. I'm actually pretty relieved its a thing," I laughed a bit.

They laughed as well. "So are you going to stay in the Shack?" Mabel asked.

"For a little while. Then I want to go to college and find a place here in Gravity Falls."

"You're not leaving?" Dipper asked. "Really?!" Mabel shouted happily.

"Y-yeah. I actually love this place. And...I don't want to leave Bill," I said quietly only to receive silence from the other end.

"Do you mean that you're not going to date anyone else?" Mabel asked.

"No," I simply stated. I heard a sigh and then silence from the other end. "Hey, I need to get going. It was nice hearing from you guys," I said with a small sigh.

"You too. We'll talk to you later okay?" Mabel said.

"Yeah. Bye guys."

"Bye."

That's pretty much how the conversation went. Our talks were usually pretty short and consisted of Mabel's hyperactiveness, Dipper's concern, and my reassurances. They would call once a day to see how things are going and to tell me about their lives since starting middle school.

Business was good too here at the Shack. Since Soos was put in charge more people have been coming over and we've actually managed to find real attractions. We found copies of the journals in the attic that helped us look for these creatures and keep them in line to keep everyone safe.

Reflections on the events that have taken place these last few weeks flooded my mind until I was interrupted by a knock at the door. I opened it to see Stan and Ford, tired and pale.

"Geez, did you guys get any rest at all?!" I asked only to get some nervous grumbling in response. I sighed and let them in.

"Well, you seem...uhm,...well," Ford stated.

"Thanks. It's a bit easier with Soos and Melody helping me out."

"Good to know that. Anyways, how's the Shack been holding up?" Stan asked as we walked into the living room.

"It's been holding up very well. We've gotten a lot more customers lately," I said, proud of our progress. "Oh, Stan, I wanted to ask you something."

"Yeah? What is it, kiddo?" he asked.

"Well, since you got your memories back, have you seen Bill at all?"

He thought for a moment before shaking his head. "Nope. Haven't seen that sucker since I beat him with one punch."

I cringed a bit at the thought of that, but this gave me more hope. If he isn't in Stan's mind, then he's in the capsule!

"Why do you ask, (Y/N)?" Ford asked concerned.

"I was just curious," I said, but he still looked a bit concerned.

"We just want you to be safe, especially now," he said.

"I know." I glanced at the clock, seeing that it was getting closer to eight. I yawned and stood up.

"So, there's the third bedroom downstairs if you guys want to take it. Melody thought it was a good idea since Soos's grandmother started living with us."

"Speaking of the old hag, where is she?" Stan asked, getting out of his chair.

"She went on a trip to Mexico and should be back in a week," I said as I walked with them over to the vending mach-door.

"Well, we should only be here for a couple days until we hit the road again."

"Ok, good night guys," I waved to them.

"G'night," they responded as I walked down the hall to my room.

Changing, I laid down in bed and looked at the memory capsule on my dresser. "When they leave, I'll let you out."