Chapter 13: Assist

(Y/N)'s POV

When I woke up, it was almost nightfall. The sky had turned into a warm orange color, thanks to the setting sun. Hearing the door open, I turned over. I also realized that Bill wasn't there, but I understood he had things to do. I looked up and saw Mabel, tears cascading down her face.

"Mabel?" I went over to her and hugged her. "What's wrong?"

"Dipper said he's staying here with Ford. He's going to leave me all alone."

I gripped her shoulders gently, moving some of her brown hair out of her face.

"Why would he do this?! We're almost thirteen!"

"W-wait! You're thirteen?!" Mabel just nodded.

"Look, Mabel. It won't be so bad. It's better than it sounds, trust me."

"I just want summer to last forever!"

That was enough to shut me up. I only stood there shocked while Mabel continued.

"I want to stay here forever with everyone. I don't want to leave Gravity Falls! I don't want to grow up!"

"Mabel, you have to accept that time doesn't stop. No matter how hard you try, you can't stop growing up. It's just a part of life."

I tried saying it in a way that would console the young girl. However, it all seemed to be in vain. In an instant, Mabel had escaped from my arms.

"You're going to leave me too?!" she yelled.

"N-no, Mabel-" Before I could say more, Mabel had already run out the door.

Pulling a shirt over my body, I ran out the door and down the hallway. Hearing the front door slam open, I quickened my pace to catch up with Mabel. Looking out, I saw her running into the forest.

'Damn, she's really fast,' I thought to myself.

Looking around, I observed how dark it was getting. The change in time further encouraged me to run into the forest to find her. After a bit of running around, I finally heard it.

"No wait!"

'That sounds like Mabel!' I panicked.

I ran towards the sound until I reached a bald man in a grey jumpsuit standing near Mabel's body. The man was laughing, but it sounded too familiar. I ignored it due to my fear for Mabel. Running over, I knelt down beside Mabel, holding her head in my lap.

"Mabel?! Mabel, wake up!"

"Hiya, (Y/N)!"

Slowly, I turned around shocked to see Bill behind me in his triangular form. I gasped and clutched Mabel closer to me.

"Bill?!" I tried calling out to him.

However, my attempts to reach him seemed to be in vain. He either didn't hear me or was just ignoring me.

"At last! At long, long last! The gateway between worlds has opened! The event one billion years prophesized has finally come to pass! The day has come! The world is finally mine!"

Then, I noticed the huge ray shooting out of a small glass orb into the sky. Looking up, I saw what looked like an X-shaped rip in the sky. Within the rip was a swirl of colors ranging from purple to orange.

Bill started levitating upwards, laughing.

"What did I just do?" I asked myself aloud.

Just then, Bill turned to face me, laughing a bit less. He lifted his hands and snapped his fingers. I felt myself becoming weightless, levitating off the ground. I was brought upward towards Bill until I was barely inches away from him.

I didn't struggle. I may have been an idiot for not doing so, but part of me knew there was still good in him. Somewhere in his triangular form was the human I grew to know and love. He has become increasingly human over the past few weeks, and I'm proud of him for that.

"Thanks for all your help, toots. I really couldn't have done it without you!" he laughed.

"Y-you...you used me?!" I shrieked. My heart began to hurt, growing heavy at the pain I felt. I felt betrayed, mad, upset, and, worst of all, unloved.

"What?! No! (Y/N), you agreed to help me, remember?"

"So, this is what you wanted? This was your way of calling our universe home?" I finally started calming down.

"Yep!"

I calmed down, taking a deep breath. I glanced away and closed my eyes. Feeling something thin wrapping around my waist, my eyes snapped open and I looked down. Bill, still in his triangular form, had his thin little arms wrapped around me. He had his self flushed against my body, hugging it tightly.

"(Y/N), I would never use you like that. I've loved you ever since you came into existence. Everything I have done may have been for me and my friends, but they are also for you, too. I want you alongside me as an equal; as a lover."

Wrapping my arms around him, I hugged him in return for his affections despite recent events.

I'm not mad at him; I'm not worried; I have no shame in what he is doing. I feel like this world needs him as much as he needs it. It's a beautiful place filled with cruel, selfish people who deserve to be liberated. He can do so much for this world that others have dreamed of but no one has accomplished. I had come to the realization that this was for the best.

"Bill," I spoke. He looked up to me, still holding me to his comparatively smaller form. "Welcome home."

So, I'm here on Wattpad, looking at my works and I see that this story has 2.05 k views, and what is my reaction?

*screams internally* Thank you so much for reading this story! Honestly I never thought it would be read this much! Cookies for you all!

But, sadly, this has 7 more chapters to go. (That's one chapter for every sin! Gives thumbs up to the Homunculi and winks at Lust and Envy.)

Anyway, be patient and on the lookout for the last few chapters!

-TC