Chapter 8: Help Me

Dipper looked up at the guile extradimensional being with hate and fire in his eyes. After possessing him and abolishing every chance he had at finding the truth, he wants his help?!

"What makes you think I would help you after all you did?!"

"Maybe if you just hear out my demands?" he asked in an arrogant manner.

Dipper just sighed, annoyed at his arrogance. "Fine, what do you want?"

"To get (Y/N) to like me," he simply stated.

Dipper fell silent, purely in shock at what Bill just said. He was confused: an insane dream demon actually wants to get a human to like him? But why?

"I thought you'd never ask, Pine Tree," he smiled and snapped his finger. "You see, since (Y/N) was born, I've found her interesting for reasons I don't quite understand. I have something planned for her, and I need to get her to like me in order to carry it out."

Dipper squinted his eyes in suspicion. "What are you going to do with her?" he asked.

"Oh, you'll see. I don't want to spoil the surprise," he grinned.

"And why should I help you?"

"I won't possess your body ever again," Bill said. However, Dipper was still unfazed.

"I need a bit more than that Bill. Not only will you not possess any one else, but you have to leave us alone," he demanded.

"That's no fun, Pine Tree," Bill complained. "It's fun messing with you."

"Fine then." Dipper sighed. He held his chin thoughtfully. "Hmm...I got it. You have to stay in our dimension so that we can keep an eye on you. Hence, you need a human form."

"But they're weak and useless!" Bill exclaimed.

"Exactly." Dipper exclaimed. "If you don't, I won't help you."

Bill just sighed and a blue flame ignited around his hand. He shook Dipper's hand. Suddenly, Bill was engulfed in a blinding light that expanded slowly. Dipper looked around, seeing the Dreamscape dissipate to bring them back to the real world. He felt his senses returning and the force of the Earth's gravity pulling him down. His eyes looked back over to see the light fading into a humanoid shape. Yellow and black began to appear, then a pale light tan color of skin. Bill then appeared with (desired description *wonk*). He looked down at Dipper and smiled.

"Heya buddy!"

Dipper just groaned. "Why did I agree to this?"

There was a quick knock at the door. Bill and Dipper looked over, Bill with a look of interest and Dipper with a look of panic.

"Hey Bro-bro! Time to wake...up...," Mabel exclaimed before running into the room.

She looked back and forth between Bill and Dipper confused. "Um, Dipper. Who's this?" she asked, pointing to Bill.

"Bill," Dipper groaned.

"Hi Shooting Star- whoa!" Mabel tackled Bill to the ground, wrapping her hands around his neck. She kneeled on his stomach to keep him restrained.

"Quick Dipper! Get something to tie him up!" Dipper remained motionless.

"Dipper, help me!"

"Mabel, him being here is part of a deal," he said quietly.

"H-how could you?! I thought you promised you weren't going to make any more deals with him!" Mabel yelled.

"This was necessary!" Dipper argued.

Bill couldn't help but laugh at the twins' dispute, finding it entertaining. He thought it funny to see two siblings who always agreed with each other to fight over something he deemed meaningless.

"How was this necessary?!"

"If you just let me explain then I'll tell you why it's necessary!" Dipper interrupted.

Mabel fell in silence in stood up. Bill's smirk faded and he stood up. He looked so foward to seeing the twins fall apart even further.

"Bill wants me to help him get (Y/N) to like him."

Mabel had a particular gleam in her eyes. She was about to speak when Dipper held up his hand, stopping her.

"In return, he won't possess anyone, and will stay in our dimension as a human so we can watch him."

Mabel just nodded before raising her hand.

"Yes, Mabel?" Dipper sighed, already knowing what she was going to say.

"I will give Bill romantic advice," she gleamed, showing off her braces.

Bill looked at her shocked. Dipper groaned and rubbed the bridge of his nose. Mabel turned to Bill, raising a finger.

"Let us begin Mabel's guide to dating."

Mabel handed to Bill a thick stack of papers that had 'Dating Test' written on the top. Bill just groaned and looked over the huge document. He was about to retort when Mabel shoved a purple pen into his hand and moved him to a table on the other side of the room. She walked back over to Dipper, who seemed to be pondering something intensely.

"What you thinking about Bro-bro?"

Dipper shook his head. "I just don't know what Bill could be planning that he'd need (Y/N) for."

"Maybe he really does like her? I mean, how long as he known her for?"

"Since she was born," Dipper relayed.

"Then he must like her!" Mabel exclaimed cheerfully.

"That's impossible! He's a demon; he shouldn't be capable of having feelings," Dipper argued.

"Then we'll have to force it!" she yelled. Dipper just groaned at his sister's lack of common sense. "C'mon Dipper, you gotta notice it! He's in a human body, so he must be able to feel love for her, right?!"

A part of Dipper told him that Mabel was right, no matter how silly it seemed. Bill can now feel what every other human feels; the forces, the emotions, everything. He may be able to use his extradimensional powers as well, but he's, for all intents and purposes, a human now. Maybe he does care about her. Or is he tricking us? Even if he is tricking us, for what? However, one unanswerable question remained.

'But what purpose does (Y/N) serve?'