Chapter 4: The Accident

I arrived home from a very short day at school. Even though it was only for a few hours, a lot had happened. My friends told me how much they were going to miss me this summer; I turned down a guy asking me out; and my best friend broke up with her boyfriend because she liked a girl. From this moment, three months seems like a long time. But I know I will be able to see them again next year. We spent the remainder of the day hanging out with each other as long as possible.

When I came in through the door, I saw my parents waiting for me in the living room, obviously wanting to talk to me about something.

I walked over and sat down on the couch, facing both of them.

"How was your last day of school?" my mother asked.

"Good. Just hung out with my friends," I replied, to which my mom nodded and smiled.

"Well, your father and I have decided we're all going on a road trip to his hometown, Gravity Falls," she said excitedly.

"Um...where is Gravity Falls?"

"It's in Oregon," my dad stated.

"Doesn't sound too bad," I thought aloud.

"It really isn't; I think you'll like Gravity Falls."

"Well, you'd better start packing, (Y/N). We're leaving tonight," my mom said.

"Ok." I quickly ran upstairs and started packing, excited about going to Gravity Falls.

Bill's POV:

So. I see they're going to Gravity Falls huh? Way to take a stroll down memory lane, there, (Y/F/N); though I doubt it will be all nostalgia for you.

(Y/N)'s POV:

After packing a few bags and changing into a sweater, sweatpants, and fluffy socks, I put on my shoes and went downstairs to see my parents ready to go. Of course, we didn't leave without eating some (F/F); what kind of people would we be to not eat before starting a road trip?!

Time Skip:

The setting had changed as we traveled to Oregon until all I could see was pine trees and a clear blue sky. Over the treetops, I could see a water-tower that read Gravity Falls. And...was that a spray-painted muffin on it, too? Hmm. Oh well, looks cute.

Time seemed to slow down when I heard a beep followed by tires screeching as they tried to reduce the friction keeping the cars moving. All I could see was another car heading right for us. My head lashed forward before knocking me back against the seat. I could hear the thin metal being butchered upon impact and the glass breaking before passing out.

Bill's POV:

Huh...didn't quite expect that too happen. Nevertheless, I have a deal to maintain.

Hovering over to the disconfigured vehicle, I used my limited power to pull (Y/N) out of the wreckage, her unconscious body levitating next to mine. I went closer to her face, my eye focusing on her features through the broken glass and blood.

"H-help."

I looked over to see (Y/F/N) struggling to stay alive. His breathing was getting fainter as well as his heartbeat. Going over to him, I captured his attention instantly.

"Bill! Help; you gotta keep us safe! Please!" he begged, extending his hand out to me. I pulled myself away.

"Sorry, (Y/F/N), but I distinctly remember you saying you wanted your daughter safe more than yourself and (Y/M/N)," I grinned internally.

The expression on his face shifted to a look of frustration and plea. "Goddamn it, Bill! Just pull us out, please!"

I pondered his plea for a little bit. "Hmm...no. That would just jeopardize our deal, and you know I take my deals very seriously, (Y/F/N)."

"Bastard! You get over here and help us now!" Jeez, humans can't take a deal seriously; and they're selfish.

I floated closer to him, looking into his eyes. I laughed at the fear and frustration on his face. I leaned my arm on his head.

"(Y/F/N), how can you forget our little deal? You told me to keep (Y/N) safe; you and (Y/M/N) never said anything about saving you two." I snickered. "Besides, I have something very important in mind for (Y/N), so I have to protect her nontheless. I didn't plan to keep you and (Y/M/N) alive."

"What do you want with (Y/N)?!" he snarled. I floated away from (Y/F/N) over towards (Y/N), stroking her face.

"For her to be my dance partner," I stated, moving a few strands of hair away from her face.

"What the hell do you mean?!"

"Let's just say it's going to be a great party."

With that, I started heading down the road with (Y/N) floating along-side me. "Bill?! Bill! You sick isosceles monster!"

Looking back at the crash, I watched as (Y/F/N) struggled to stay conscious until his body finally gave out, and he died. (Y/N) is an orphan now, so where do I take her?

When pondering where to take (Y/N), my mind only went to one location. I know I'm going to regret it, but it's the only place I really know around here.

I continued walking until I reached the popular Mystery Shack, making sure that no one was home before lying (Y/N) on the front steps. I looked around again before kneeling down and placing my closed eye on her forehead.

"I'll be watching you." And with that, I was gone.