Chapter XIX

"Look up. Look up, and look at me. You're always looking down. That's why you're imprisoned inside that cage of music scores. Don't worry, I know you can do it." ~Kaori Miyazono (Your Lie in April)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We returned back to Traverse Town to the small house where Leon, Aerith and Yuffie were. As Sora, Doanld and Goofy were explaining to Leon what had happened, I was hugging Kairi, having my mini-reunion with her. "I'm so glad you're safe!" I sighed.

"Saki, that's what I'm supposed to say!" She joked. "I am the older sister after all!"

"So, I guess you did travel to other worlds with us," I said. "Your heart, that is. Do you remember anything?"

She shook her head. "Not a thing."

"Rats," I muttered as she laughed at me.

"Come on, guys," Sora said, coming up to us. "We just came back from Cid's shop and he said most of the Gummi Ship pieces we need are scattered all over Traverse Town because of the Heartless. Let's go and get them."

We explored Traverse Town, looking all over the place for the Gummi Ship parts. The Heartless we defeated along the seemed way stronger, but Sora told me it was normal. As we reached the path to Merlin's place, Kairi muttered, "A light at the end of the tunnel..."

"Oh, like you and Saki's grandma's story, right?" Sora asked.

"Oh, right," She said. I perked my head up. We were remembering a little bit! We remembered our grandmother! I can now vaguely recall a kind, elderly lady with a purple dress and a shawl. But, the rest of her features are blurred. That sucks. "When we were all together." She added.

"You know what's funny? We were everywhere, Kairi, looking for you when you were with me all along. Now we're all together again, Kairi. Now, it's time to get Riku back."

"But, Riku's heart..." Kairi muttered.

"What happened?" I said.

"Well, after I knocked you out, Riku went after me but I hit him really hard with my Keyblade. He just...disappeared into the darkness." Sora explained.

"Oh."

"You know when I was in the darkness, I started forgetting things," Sora explained. "It was like the darkness was trying to swallow me. Then, I heard a voice. It was voice, Kairi! It lead out of the darkness and into the light."

"I saw the same thing, Sora," I replied. "It was Kairi's heart that lead me out of the darkness."

"That's it!"

"What?"

"We're all connected, even if we're apart. Even in the deepest darkness, our light will shine through. Like what Kairi did to us!"

"That's a great observation, Sora, but we have to leave soon." As I said that, an idea came to my head.

As I thought it through, Kairi asked, "Can I come?"

"No," Sora replied.

"Why?"

"It's too dangerous."

"But wasn't I with you guys all along?"

"Th-That's different!"

"Okay, you win."

She placed something in his hands. It was the good luck charm that she made while we were building the raft. Only this time, it had Sora's face on it. "Take this," She said. "It's my lucky charm. Be sure to bring it back to me. Promise?"

"Promise," He said.

"Don't ever forget; wherever you go, I'm always with you two."

"Guys, sorry for interrupting your moment, I have an idea to get Riku back," I walked up to them.