Chapter III

"Anywhere's better than here." ~Harry Potter (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
As I was waiting for dinner, I took the tapes I recorded and placed them in a wooden decorative box in my room. I would usually be prowling around my room, desperate for food because I'm a big glutton and I like to eat. I figured if we ever went hungry on the raft, I probably be the most desperate to eat one of my friends. But today, I wasn't hungry. I was embarrassed. I can't believe I confessed my love to Riku. But, all he said to me was, "that's cool." That probably meant, whatever, I don't really like you the same way in boy language.

Great. Now I'm not looking forward to seeing him tomorrow. Maybe I could pretend to be sick? No, Kairi would drag me out of bed, whether I was sick or not. I don't hear Kairi in her room, which was strange. Maybe she went back to the island to check on the raft? As I was on my knees, putting the box together, I glanced out the window, and I saw dark, thunderclouds over the island. "Is that a storm?" I asked. Then, I leapt out of bed. "Oh no! The raft!" I shrieked. That's why Kairi left. She probably saw the storm and went off to check on the raft. I ran outside, got into my boat, and rowed to the island.

When I got at the bridge, everywhere was dark. But in the darkness, I saw Sora's figure. "Sora!" I screamed.

He turned towards me. "Saki?" He asked.

"Where's Kairi?" I cried.

"I was going to ask you that!" Sora yelled.

I glanced at the bridge, "I see Riku's and Kairi's boat. But the question is, where are they?"

"They're probably somewhere on the island checking in the raft. Now let's hurry or else we'll be struck by lighting!" He looked up. "Whoa! What the...?"

"What is it?" I looked up. "Yikes! What is that?" A big ball of darkness was swirling around the island. That must be causing the storm. For some strange reason, I felt like as if I've been in a storm like this before. But I shook off the feeling when I saw a small, dark creature with sharp claws and beady yellow eyes coming towards us. I don't remember seeing those around the islands. "Sora! Look out!" I shouted.

He saw what I was looking at. He grabbed my hand and we jumped off the bridge just in time before it would of hurt us. "What the heck are those?" He asked.

"Don't know!" I cried. "But whatever it is, I don't want them to attack you or me!"

Sora got out his wooden sword and began smacking away the strange creatures while I tried to kick away the ones that came too close to us. We ran across the planks onto the separate miniature island and we saw Riku standing underneath the big ball of darkness. "Riku?" I cried. "Where's Kairi?"

"I thought she was with you!" Sora shouted.

"The door has opened..." Riku said.

"What?!" Sora and I cried.

"The door has opened, Sora and Sakura!" Riku yelled. "Now we can go to the outside world!"

"What are you talking about?" I screamed.

"We gotta find Kairi!" Shouted Sora.

"Kairi's coming with us!" Riku shouted back.

Sora gritted his teeth in frustration. I put my hands on my hips, "If Kairi's coming with us, how come I don't see her?"

"Once we step through, we might not be able come back," Riku said, looking up. "We may never see our parents again. There's no turning back. But, this may be our only chance. We can't let fear stop us! I'm not afraid of the darkness!"

He held out his hand to us, as if he was wanting us to grab on. "Riku..." Sora sputtered.

A portal of darkness appeared underneath him. It's tendrils were wrapping itself around Riku. "Riku!" I cried.

Sora and I ran up to grab him out, then I was stopped, as if my feet were superglued onto the ground. I looked down and I was the same thing trying to grab me and Sora. We struggled to get out. Sora reached out to Riku, but it was too late. We were sucked into complete darkness. I knew that all hope was lost. That's when I saw a bright light and I flew towards it. When I was able to see again, Sora and I were wobbling, trying to process what was going on. Riku was gone, but I saw Sora holding a big key with a yellow handle and a mouse head keychain. "What is that?" I yelled. I felt like I saw that strange thing before; but again, I couldn't recall where or when I saw it.

Sora examined it. "I don't know!" He said.

"It looks like a better weapon to use to take out those strange creatures than your wooden sword!" I screamed.

"You're right!" He said as he tossed me his sword. "Use this instead of your bare limbs!"

"Thanks!" I yelled.

I heard an echoing, empty voice, "Keyblade...." It kept on calling. "Keyblade...Keyblade..."

I ignored the voice because more of those creatures were popping up. We ran away from those things, knocking away the ones that were in our way. Sora took me to a place behind the tree, but the entrance was blocked by a white door. The door opened and the original entrance lied inside the door. We ran into the room, hoping it will help us get away from those creatures. That's when we saw Kairi. "Kairi!" I cried.

She turned towards us. She looked very pale and ill. "Sora...Saki..." She mumbled.

She reached out to us when a dark wind blew out form the door behind her. Sora and I covered ourselves so we won't be blown away. I saw Kairi flying towards us, as if she was paper and the strong wind was a breeze. Sora reached out to grab her, when she suddenly disappeared. We were stunned, then the wind blew us out of the place.

Sora and I got up from the sand. I looked around. "What the--" I cried.

"Whoa!" Sora shouted.

The island was floating on darkness with the big ball of darkness floating on top of it. The island was slowing trudging its way towards the ball of darkness, like it was a black hole. It looked like any minute now, it was going to suck it in. We got up and turned around. That's when we saw a bigger version of those creatures in the island, only it had a heart shaped hole missing from its chest. We prepared to attack it.

It starting shooting dark orbs from his chest. While he was doing that, we snuck up beside him and started attacking his arms. When it slammed it's fist into the sand, we climbed into it and began attacking it's face. Sora swung his Keyblade while I smacked the creature with the wooden sword. Then, the big orb came closer towards the island and sucked in the strange creature. We clung onto what was left of a tree. I lost grip of the tree. "No!" I cried.

"Hold on!" Sora said as he grabbed my hand. But soon, he lost grip on the tree, too. "AHHHHH!" We screamed as we were sucked into the strange dark orb.