Chapter XVIII

"Not everyone is as good as you think. Everyone has a shadow. The shadow wants to control you. But, with enough strength and bravery, you can control it." ~A quote by me
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
We heard footsteps. We saw Sora, Donald and Goofy run up the stairs with Goofy bumping into the invisible barrier. Of course, Sora first noticed Kairi. He ran up to her and began shaking her. "Kairi? Kairi! Kairi! Open your eyes!"

"It's no use," Riku said.

Sora heard him and turned his head to see us. "The girl lost her heart. She cannot wake up," I added.

"What?" Sora asked, putting Kairi down. "You two....you guys aren't Riku and Saki. Wait, Saki?! What happened to you?!"

"Doesn't matter," I replied. "I chose this path. If you don't like it, then I'm sorry."

"Sakura..." Sora mumbled. "I knew it! I shouldn't let you go! I shouldn't of listened to you! If I didn't let you go, none of this would of happened to you!"

"The Keyhole cannot be completed as the last Princess of Heart still sleeps," Riku explained, getting up and grabbing my hand. We jumped into the air and floated to the ground.

"Princess...Kairi's a princess?"

"Yes, and without her heart, the Weaver of the Hearts cannot complete the weaving and the Keyhole will remain incomplete. It is time she awakened."

"Whoever you are, let Riku and Sakura go! Give them back their heart!"

"I do not control Sakura. That is Maleficent's work."

"Then, let Riku go!"

"But first, you must let go of the princess' heart."

Riku waved the Keyblade of heart and a glow of light came form Sora's chest. He groaned and sank to the ground. "Sora!" Donald cried.

"What's--" He asked.

"Don't you see yet?" I asked, walking up to him. "The princess's heart is responding to the Keyblade. It has been there all along. Kairi's heart rests within you!"

"Kairi...Kairi is inside me?"

"I know what Riku told me. But, that is not Riku anymore. He is Ansem, Seeker of Darkness. Now, I shall kill you to get the princess' heart. Release the heart so I can complete the Keyhole and open the path to everlasting darkness!"

Donald ran up to stop me, but I summoned my pink laser sword and swiped him with it, sending him flying through the invisible barrier. "Sa-Sakura..." Sora stammered.

"Please die, Sora," I said, lifting the sword into the air, and plunged it down, aiming at his stomach. As the laser sword was mere inches away from touching his stomach, he jumped back and I struck the floor. Pink sparks flew and a brunt mark showed where my sword hit the floor.

"Forget it!" He shouted. "There's no way you two are getting Kairi's heart!"

He summoned out his Keyblade and we went into battle position. Riku struck the ground and white shock waves went horizontally to Sora. He jumped back but he still got hit anyways. I took my chance and snuck up behind him, and began attacking him with various slashes and Sora held up his Keyblade to deflect all of my attacks. Riku struck the ground again and darkness came out of the ground like hot springs. Sora dodged all of them. I was starting to get impatient with Sora dodging us. We need to do a team attack that will allow us to hit Sora! Riku must of thought the same way and he began to float into the air and a dark aura surrounded him. I did the same thing and we teleported across the room with our weapons pointing in front of us. We finally struck the ground and send a shock wave across the room. I didn't see Sora and I suspected he rolled away to dodge us. Before I could look, I heard an "I'm sorry," and I felt something hit my stomach. Sora swiped his Keyblade and I was sent flying backwards. I hit the ground and slid a little bit before I stopped. I felt dizzy with pain from my stomach. I heard Riku yelling something but I couldn't make it out. I closed my eyes, wishing for the pain to go away. My wish came true seconds later.

*~*~*~*~*~

I felt myself falling down in the endless dark hole again. But this time, it felt real. As I fell deeper into the hole, it grew harder to breathe. It was like the darkness was trying to suffocate me. My chest grew heavy, my body felt limp and my breathing grew rapid as I gasped for air. I was forgetting things about my family, about my friends, and about myself. I felt like I was going it die. Die in the darkness. Alone. Oh well. I chose this path, so I have to stick it, whether I like it or not. Then, I felt a warmth in my chest. Breathing became easier. What's going on? Was the pain I was feeling becoming numb because of the lack of air? Before I could come up with anymore possible explanations, the darkness around me thinned and I saw Hallow Bastion again. I woke up with a gasp. The darkness that controlled me was floating above me in a dark orb. Then, it exploded and disappeared. I got up to see an orb of light enter Kairi's chest and she woke up. "Sora...Sora!" Cried a voice.

I turned to see Donald running after Sora. Orbs of light were coming off of him and we're fading away. The Keyblade of heart was gone, Kairi was waking up and Sora is fading to light. As I thought about what's going on, the pieces fell together and I gasped. "Sora!" Kairi and I yelled as we ran up to him. As Kairi grabbed him, he disappeared to orbs of light.

"Sora!" Donald cried. "Come back, Sora!"

"Sora, are you really--" She mumbled.

"I'm afraid so, Kairi," I replied quietly.

"No," she yelled. "He can't be! I won't let him go!"

"So, you have awakened at last, Princess," A deep voice said.

A dark portal appeared and a man with tan skin, yellow eyes, long silver hair, a grey and black coat with a dark heart mark on his chest appeared. "The Keyhole is now complete. You have served your purpose along with The Weaver of the Hearts." He eyed me and I hung my head. "But now you two are done."

As he took a step, Donald, Goofy and I summoned up our weapons. Thankfully I was back to my regular Keyblade instead of that pink laser sword. "Don't make another move!" Donald threatened.

"Do you think we can take him down on our own?" Goofy asked.

"I fight till my last breath if it will prevent me from losing Kairi again!" I shouted.

He took a couple of steps forward before he stopped and his hands shook. "Impossible..." He muttered.

"No, you won't use me for this!" A silhouette of Riku appeared.

"Riku!" I cried.

"You've got to run!" He warned. "The Heartless are coming!"

A group of Shadow Heartless surrounded us. We ran away with Donald screaming. As we reached the entrance, a Shadow appeared in front of us. Donald smacked its head with his staff. "Confounded Heartless!" He shouted. "Get lost, will ya?"

"Sora?" Kairi asked.

A group surrounded us again. I ran after them, smacking them away with my Keyblade. When I realized I left Kairi defenseless, I turned to see a group of them on her and the Shadow. "Oh no!" I cried as I ran up to the group. A flash of light appeared and Sora was there, hugging Kairi.

"Kairi, thank you," He mumbled.

"Sora!" We all cried.

We faced the group again, now ready to fight. Then, a loud roar shook the room and the beast appeared. He swiped a Heartless. "Go! Now!" He ordered.

"Beast, come with us!" Sora begged.

"I told you before," He growled. "I'm not leaving without Belle. Now, go. The Heartless are coming!"

Sora hesitated. "All right," He said. "Let's get out of here."

We ran out of the castle and climbed only the Gummi Ship. "Where are we going?" I panted.

"Traverse Town!" Sora replied as he helped Donald program the ship to fly.