11: Tornado Meets Volcano

I just ran and I ran. I panted heavily, and my lungs were literally screaming for air, but I did not stop.

I coughed as I ran.

Why was I scared? I shouldn't be!

Of course I should be! He's dangerous!

My brain was in a complete catfight mode.

I ran until I caught up with Hunter's car.

Wait. What is Hunter's car doing here? He's supposed to be home by now.

Oh, of course. He'd slowed down the speed.

Waiting for me?

I guess. I was glad.

I turned behind me to spot him walking slowly, crushing the finished cigar with his feet.

"Stop! Please let me in." I yelled as I ran.

Hunter stopped the car.

Before he could begin, I yelled, "Just let me in!"

He unlocked and I opened the door to the passenger seat beside him. He didn't start the car.

Moreover, he was approaching nearer.

"Faster, faster!" I ordered, panic obvious in my voice. I trembled. The thought of him filled me with anger and fear. I'm ashamed of the latter.

His face suddenly turned from mocking to serious. He drove the car as fast as he could, but safely at the same time.

When we had reached his place, some of my tension was eased. 

"Whoa." I sighed, as I got off the car.

Hunter pulled me from the arm. His grip was far stronger than if anticipated.

"Hey. What's the matter? Is everything okay?" He asked.

I gave a glance to check if he was still following. When I was assured there was no sign of him, I turned to look at Hunter.

"Nothing." I lied.

"Of course there's something." He demanded. "You come running as if you're running for your life, then you demand me to drive like there's twenty tons of gun shells being shot at us, then you're looking behind as if there's a dozen of Labradors and hounds tracking your scent and want to kill you, and you ask me to remain normal?"

"Let's just go inside." I suggested.

He agreed and didn't say a word regarding that subject. I respected the fact that he didn't want to infringe my privacy.

I kept my bag down on the sofa. His home was cold, just like him, unlike mine, which was warm and comfy.

Everything was white from the floor to the ceiling. It looked just like a laboratory except for the television and the couch. And of course the lack of glass and plastic test tubes and chemicals.

"You know, maybe, you should come down to my place, even if you don't really want to. A little change won't hurt."

"Let's just concentrate on work. Don't forget you have a date to attend." He said cockily.