6: Close Pursuit

"So Natalie." Alec cleared his throat as he finally began to talk. I blinked at him.

I saw the black BMW still following us. Somehow I felt safer- even if I knew Hunter only one day more than Alec.

"You haven't been in detention ever before this, have you?" Alec asked.

"No." I replied.

"So, did you like it?" He asked, smiling.

I looked at him and smiled, "Yes."

He became quiet and I looked out of the window.
"Here, here. That's my place. Just pull over." I told him.

"So soon?" He chuckled. "Your home is pretty close."

The car halted and we were greeted by a cross-armed angry woman waiting. Her expression turned cheerful the moment she say Alec. Yes folks, that's my mom.

"My Mom." I whispered to him.

"I see." He walked to my mother and shook her hand.

"Alec Woods. It's a pleasure to meet you ma'am." He said seductively. My mother looked pretty impressed. I ripped my eyes. Alec was pretty good with this kind of stuff.

"And you are her.." My mom strolled off.

"Her.. advisor. I'm here for a month." He replied.

"You're English?" My Mom asked. He nodded.

"His accent is cool, isn't it?" I asked Mom.

"Yes it indeed is." Mom replied. Alec blushed.

We were still standing out on the porch.

"You wanna come in?" Mom asked.

"Yes." Alec and I replied together and then looked at one another abruptly and smiled. This would require me some time and patience to get used to.

As Mom and Alec went inside, I heard the sound of an engine roaring for quite some time now. I turned to see the black BMW standing on the road. As soon as I saw the driver, the car sped away down the street.

I entered my home and felt the warmth immediately.

"Your home is cosy." Alec said.

"Thanks." I replied.

"Wait, I'll make you some tea." Mom said.

"I'll have some, thank you." Alec replied.

He sat in the couch while I cleaned myself up and then walked to the kitchen to get myself some sandwiches.

I walked to the living room.

"What's the problem between you and those two other girls?" Alec asked.

"Melissa and Scarlett?" I confirmed.

"Yeah whatever their names are."

"Nothing. No problem at all." I lied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." I said. "I'm sure."

What was I supposed to say? Tat those two girls and I have a weird teenagish girlish indirect catfight going on between us since times immemorial?

"You want some sandwiches?" I asked Alec.

"No thanks."

"Then I'll go and get myself some more." I replied as I walked back to the kitchen.

Mom served Alec tea.

"Thank you." Alec said.

"Oh, no, it's fine. I hadn't made tea in a long time. I'd forgotten how to make it." Mom replied.