Chapter 26 - I love you

Jonathan POV

"Jon!" I was still in shock when someone made me face them. It was Joe. "Come back man"

The baby cry was still echoing through my ears as I saw Andrew holding it.

"Aaron gonna take us to Alexandria, they've got more doctors and medical supplies. They may be able to save her." Joe said. A rush of adrenaline happened as everyone gathered up their stuff, I lifted Renee up carrying her to the caravan where right at the back there was a bed.

I carefully layed her down on it. "Everyone on, now!" Rick ordered from outside. Slowly everyone got on with everything that's been gathered up. Abraham drove it out and away from this terrible place. I don't know how long I've been sat here watching her.

I then heard footsteps coming from behind me. "Jon?" It was Andrew. "What?" I mumbled not looking away her. "You should see your baby" "I can't... I just can't right now..." "She would want that" "I can't do this alone, I need her" I then looked to her slipping my hand into hers. "Come back to me Renee." I broke. "I-I-I love you! GOD DAMMIT I FUCKING LOVE YOU SO DON'T DIE!" I sobbed holding her in my arms.

"She lost a lot of blood, it's a low chance she'll make it" Andrew sadly said. "I should of helped her. I should of done something" "You were protecting the group and our safety. We can't save everyone."

"I can't protect my god damn girlfriend how am I gonna protect a child? In this world?!"

"She's beautiful Jonathan. Do you wanna see your daughter?" I looked down at Renee pale lifeless body. "Just give me a minute" he nodded in understatement and got up closing the door behind.

"I wish.. I wish I had the guts to actually tell you how I feel Renee.. It's hard you know. Admitting your feelings. I just hated how you were the only person to make me feel nervous around or had the guts to tell me off more than other people has. I mean come on you don't shout at a man with a gun in their hand" I chuckled to myself.

"I tried to get rid of you because I didn't want to fall in love. But I did and even though you were a pain in my ass. I still wanted you even though I was a coldless dick. I didn't wanted to get attach cause I feared this would happen.. and it did..You make me weak and want to be alive in this world Renee."

I paused staring at her features.

I took her hand into mine and kissed the top of it. "I won't give up on our daughter"

I lowered my head.

That's when I felt a squeeze on my hand and quickly looked up. She was moving. Her eyes slowly opened.

But what shocked me was... this isn't Renee anymore... this isn't gonna be the Renee I know that hated me, maybe... maybe we can set aside our differences for the sake of our baby girl.

"Jon?" She coughed out. "I'm here, I'm here" she smiled up at me. She was alive. I felt relieved. But did she just hear what I said... "That was sweet... you admitted your feelings for me" my face paled. Yep.. "Uh..." I nervously chuckled. She was giggling probably finding this amusing.

She then had a look around frowning. "Where am I?" "We're in a caravan to Alexandria, got more doctors for you and for our daughter" her eyes lit up to that. "We had a girl?" I nodded. "Where is she?" "Probably with Andrew I've been here looking after you" "Can we... see her?" "I'll go get her" I leaned over kissing her forehead then getting up moving to the front of the caravan.

Andrew was feeding her. "Can I... hold her?" He looked quite shocked to that but gladly accepted as he carefully passed her into my arms. I smiled down at her, she was so small... I could just break down into tears. "She's perfect" I chuckled holding back my tears. Think I've done enough crying for one day Jon, Man up!

"She's awake" I alerted everybody, a few smiled at that as some sighed in relief too. "She wants to meet her daughter" "Go" Andrew chuckled.

I carefully carried her to the back where Renee was sat up this time as soon as she saw me walk in with her. She gasped. I carefully passed her over. "She's so beautiful..." "She is, isn't she?" "Thank you" "For what?" "For looking out for me and for her, we may not be together but I know you're gonna be an amazing Dad" "I hope..."

And I hope we do get together.