Chapter 12 - 4th Member

Renee POV

It's been about almost 3 months since Daryl, Beth and I have been separated from the group.

I was throwing up again. It's the dehydration and lack of food, that's what I keep telling myself. We really need to get some food and water down us.

Someone walked over "Hey, you alright?" "Never better" I smiled lightly. "Beth still asleep at the moment. I reckon you ought to talk. Especially this.. its been going on for a long time now"

I couldn't hold it in any longer and burst into tears. "Renee, what's going on?"

He was leaning against the tree staring at me for an answer.

"I think I'm pregnant! " I blurted out. No emotion shown what so ever. Wow. I should talk to Daryl more often.

"With yer' dead boyfriend baby?" "No.. I sorta had sex with someone for a while..." I bit my lips. "Who?" He questioned.

"Jonathan. But I sadly regret it now" I mumbled the last part.

It was silent.

"You sure you're pregnant?" "It's a possibility. No protection,sickness..." "Could be lack of food" "I keep telling myself that" I sighed. "And this" I pulled my top up showing him my swollen stomach.

He was staring at it

"Makes sense, doesn't it?" I sat down

"Makes sense, doesn't it?" I sat down. He walked over sitting beside me. "Let's say it was Beth. How would you react?"

He stared down to the ground fiddling with his fingers with his crossbow beside him. "I would want it.. but that'll mean I'd have to worry about 3 people then" "3?" "You, Beth and the baby. You're my girls"

I smiled at that. Daryl not a very people person. But since it's just been the 3 of us. He's changing. He's starting to show his emotions to us and to Beth. Being the better boyfriend."

"You know. You and Beth have been going through a lot. But.. I like it how you two are still there for each other no matter how much of a pain you both can be. I know it's hard showing it Daryl but I know you love her otherwise you could of abandoned her from the start. And jeez it isn't a crime to kiss or hold her hands it's only me okay. It's not like we're with our group. Make the most of it"

I stood up dusting myself off. Daryl stood up and pulled me into a hug which took me by surprise.

Beth came over. "Look who's finally awake" I smirked. She smiled. "Ready to move?" "Let's go"

We walked back into the woods. I turned around seeing Daryl arm around Beth shoulders. I smiled moving forward.

"Teach me" I turned around. Beth had his crossbow "What are we tracking?" "You tell me, you were the one that wanted to learn" "Well.. something came through here. The patters are all zig zaggy. It's a walker" she smiled at him seeming proud. "I'm getting good at this" she smugged raising the crossbow up.

Not A Bad Thing (On Hold) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara