Chapter 13 - Split up

Renee POV

"I'm going as fast as I can" instead he lifted her up and carried her in. At least he's starting to be more nice to her. I found some clothing and shoved them on.

Although you can see my round stomach now. I finally told Beth and she was shocked to be honest, But at the same time was squealing cause she wants a baby too.

Daryl walked in with her.

"Here ya go"

"Alright... seat!" we sat at the table. The cans made noises outside. Daryl went to check on it.

"You okay?" Beth asked me. "Never better" "What if Jon still alive out there? And we find them?" "Then for sure I'm cutting his dick off"

We both burst out laughing.

"What does it feel like?" "What does what feel like?" "Being pregnant?" "Nothing really just feels like when you're hungry and your stomach rumbles" I shrugged. "It's just a damn dog" Daryl yelled out.

"Really?" I shot up. Daryl closed the door.

"He wouldn't come in?"

"I told you to stay back"

"Yeah but Daryl you said there was a dog"

"Maybe he'll come back alright c'mon"

He helped her to the kitchen. I went to the drawers and found a pair of scissors. When I found the mirror. I looked at myself.

"I'm gonna leave a thank you note"

I put my hair up in a ponytail estimating how much I wanted to chop off.

"Why?"

"For when they come back. If.. they come back even if they're not coming back I still wanna say thanks"

"What are you doing?" Daryl looked at me.

"Cutting my hair" I shrugged.

I picked up the scissors and chopped off the ponytail

"Maybe you don't need that maybe we can stick around here for a while and for the baby."

My hair was up with a tiny ponytail now.

"When they come back. We'll just make it work I mean maybe it's nuts but.."

"So you think there are still good people around. What changed your mind?"

"Ya know"

"What?"

"Mhmm-mmm" he shrugged.

"Don't mhmm-mmm what changed your mind?"

He was staring at her.

"Oh.."

She finally got it

I smiled with my arms crossed looking at them two. We heard the dog bark as the cans made noises again.

"Don't scare it off this time Daryl I'd really like a pet" I pouted.

He walked away.

"BETH, RENEE. BETH. RENEE" we jumped up and saw him struggling with the door. Beth threw over his crossbow.

"RUN, THE BOTH OF YOU RUN, Run to the window and get your shit"

"I'm not gonna leave you!" Beth screamed out.

"Go out to the road I'll meet ya both there"

Beth ran as I tripped. I gasped crying out.

"GO BETH JUST GO"

A walker came up to me. An arrow was shot through his head. Daryl ran up helping me up.

"Go. Ignore the pain and run"

I grabbed my katana.

As I ran out I didn't see Beth. I panicked and ran the other way on the road.

Next Day

Jonathan POV

"Stop complaining!!" I groaned.

"Well sorry that I still haven't found a god damn pair of shoes since the walker wanted it" Andrew snapped.

"She probably had a thing for ya" I smirked.

He rolled his eyes at me. "How far are we?"

"We're almost there" Rick said carrying Judith.

"You know I still wonder if my wife and son made it out alive. And my sister. I hope she finds me soon"

"You're so certain she's still alive?"

"She's my sister. I think she's fine"

I just snorted. "Probably not" he shoved me.

"Now I don't know what your god damn problem is with my sister. But if I hear one more rude comment on her. I will not hesitate to shoot you in the knees and leave you to crawl"

"Andrew, Jonathan. Enough. Let's go. Stop with all this bickering"

We carried on walking deciding to ignore each other presences. 

We saw something running out of the woods, I raised my gun up squinting my eyes. I recognised that crossbow anywhere.

"Well god damn it's Daryl Dixon"

Rick ran over.

He pulled him up since he looked exhausted. "Daryl, hey!" He was tapping him on the cheek. "You with me?"

"Where's Beth and Renee?"

"Renee? You were with my sister?!"

"You're alive?"

He looked at me glaring. What did I do to piss him off?"

We heard a twig snap. Walkers... Dozens came out but we still used our knife. I turned around to see one up close in my face until a long pointy sword stucked out of it's mouth dropping down.

Rick and Andrew turned around as I stared at the girl.

"Renee..."