Chapter 19 - Finding Beth

Renee POV

I sat with Carol and Daryl. It was a nice silence. "I don't wanna talk about it" Carol mumbled as Daryl and I stared at her. "I can't. I just need to forget it" she looked at us. "Alright" Daryl mumbled.

We heard rustling. Daryl stood up and motioned us to stay back. He looked around. "It's nothing" I sighed and sat back down resting my hands on my bump.

Carol sat back

Carol sat back. "So you and Jonathan huh?" I just laughed. "Oh it's complicated" I giggled. "I can see that" she smugged. Daryl sat beside me.

"She's been a pain" I gasped at that. "No I haven't Dixon I've been your relationship councilor and I stuck around to third wheel thank you" "Seems like you guys had fun"

He just smiled at me. I smiled back. "He reminds me of my brother" "Now I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult" "Relax Andrew smart, quite handsome. Take it as a compliment" I grinned. "Will do Paquette" he smirked.

Next Day

I was walking around holding Victor hand. We heard rustling making everyone pull their guns out. It was only Daryl. "I surrender" I playfully rolled my eyes. He carried back loads of squirrels. "No tracks no nothing" "Whatever you saw" "It's what I feel. Could of been something"

I sighed. "You okay Auntie Nae?" I looked down. "Never better" I smiled. "Help! Somebody please help" We all looked at each other. "Dad come on!" Carl pleaded not wanting to not help save another guy.

We found a priest on top a rock surrounded by walkers. The men got them. "All clear" "Why don't you come on down" he jumped down. "You okay?"

He barfed. I scrunched my nose up. "Eww you nasty" "That was you everyday when we escaped the prison" I heard Daryl mumble. I nudged him "I had an excuse" "Yeah a big excuse" I gasped putting my hands on my hips. Jon was glaring at him.

"Sorry" the priest said. "Yes.. Thank you. I'm Gabriel" "Do you have any weapons on you?" "Do I look like I have any weapons on me? I have no weapons of any kind. God is the only protection I need" "Sure didn't look like it" Daryl said. He smiled "I called for help. Help came"

Oh this guy delusional

Every compliment he made Rick just stared at him "Do you have a camp?" "No, do you?" "I have a church" "Alright hands up" he checked him.

"Why are we trusting him?" Jon growled. He said he had a church" I shrugged.

He lead us there where he was actually telling the truth. As the rest checked out the church. I sat down with Victor. "Auntie Nae is Uncle Daryl your boyfriend?" My eyes widened at that.

I heard snickering. It was Andrew. I shot daggers at him. "No, but he's a really good friend Vic, you should thank him without him I don't think I would ever be reunited with you" "Okay" he got up running in.

"Thank you for protecting my Auntie, Uncle Daryl" I face palmed myself. I turned around to see Daryl carrying him out. "No problem kid" he gave him to Andrew.

"Daryl I'm sorry he's calling you uncle-" "Don't be. I sorta like it" he smiled. "Wanna help me and Carol. Rick, Bob, Sasha and Jon are going out. We need water" "Sure" he helped me up. "Keep her safe" Andrew said.

Carol, Daryl and I walked filling up the milk containers with a water pump. After feeling 6 up, We headed back. "Hey I get it. You don't wanna talk about it." He brought it up again. I just sighed.

"You okay?" He asked her. "Gotta be" "We get to start over, all of us with each other. You saved us all by yourself." "Yeah well we got lucky. We all should be dead"

We came up to a car. "I'll check it" I said. "Ya sure?" "Trust me" "Alright"

I placed the milk containers down and opened the door slipping in to see if it'll start. I got out and opened the boot. Carol stood beside me checking it. "Hey, we ain't dead. Whatever happened? Happened. Let's start over" "I want to" "You can" "We should leave this here for back up in case things go south at the church"

"Want me to carry one of those?.." the bottle slipped out his hand dropping it. I just groaned as Carol looked at it then looked at him. A smile appeared as Daryl facepalmed himself. "No!" She said trying to not laugh. I giggled as he picked up half the bottle of water.

We headed back just as the guys returned with a trolley full of food

....

Everyone was laughing and chatting away with their food. Jon arm was around me as he spoke to Joe. Rick aloud Judith to feed him. "I'd like to propose a toast" Abraham said. "To us survivors. Each and every one of you has earned that title. To the survivors" "To the survivors" Jon kissed the top of my head.

"Is that all you wanna be? Wake up in the morning fighting the undead pricks for food going to sleep at night with 2 eyes open rinse and repeat. We can do that we got strength. You got skills. Thing is for you people. For what you can do. Now we will get Eugene to Washington-"

As Abraham did his speech I was watching Carol then looked at Jon who was watching Rick with Judith. "We're in" I toned out and looked around confused so I just said yeah to it.

Jon leaned down and kissed my bump. "For our baby too" he smiled rubbing it. I saw Carol walk out. "Won't be a minute" I got up following her.

She walked to the car as I watched. A walker came out. Crap. Carol stabbed it looking at me. A twig snapped making us both look to see it was Daryl.

"What you doing?" He asked. "I don't know" "Come on" we heard a car and ducked. Daryl started smashing the back lights off the car. "Daryl?" "Daryl, what are you doing?" "They got Beth"

"Who's got Beth?"

"Car" he demanded us to quickly get in.

We all got in.. Daryl drove it. "Can you explain to me why we're following a car with a cross on the back of it's window? " "It's the same car I tried chasing before finding you. They took her. I know it"

I smiled squeezing his shoulder. "We'll get her back."