Chapter 11 - You're gonna miss me

Beth POV

"Daryl cut it out!"

"Daryl"

"Dumbass. Come here dumbass" he shot the walker through his chest sticking him to the tree like some target practice.

"Daryl!"

"Ya wanna shoot?"

"I..I don't know how!"

"Aww it's easy come here"

He had his arm around me from behind. "Right corner" he shot up.

"Let's practice later"

"Come on it's fun" he was reloading his crossbow

Okay he's seriously losing it.

"Just stop it! Daryl!"

"C'mere" he put his arm around me again.

"KILL IT"

"Come here Greene. Let's pull these out give it more target practice"

I had enough and ran over to it stabbing the walker with my knife.

"The hell did ya do that for? We was having fun!"

"NO YOU WERE BEING A JACKASS if anyone found my Dad-"

"Don't! That ain't remotely the same"

"Killing them is not suppose to be fun!"

"What do you want from me girl? Huh!"

"I want you to stop acting like you don't give a crap about anything. Like nothing we went through mattered like none of the people we lost meant anything to you. It's BULLSHIT!"

"Is that what you think?"

"That's what I know"

"You know nothing"

"I know you look at me and you just see another dead girl. I'm not Renee, I'm not Carol, I'm not Maggie, I survived and you don't get it cause... I'm not like you or them. But, I made it! and you don't get to treat me like crap just because you're afraid!"

He got in my face. "I'm afraid of nothing"

"I remember. When that little girl came out of the barn. After my Mum. You were like me, and now god forbids you ever let anybody get too close"

"Too close huh? You know all about that. You lost two boyfriends, you can't even shed a tear."

"Cause they're not like you Daryl! I LOVE YOU" I blurted out. His face softened just a bit until it hardened again.

"Your whole family gone all you can do is go out looking for hooch like some dumb college bitch"

"Screw you, you don't get it"

"NO YOU DON'T GET IT! EVERYONE WE KNOW IS DEAD"

"YOU DON'T KNOW THAT"