Chapter One: The Lost Triplet

Chapter One:

The Lost Triplet.

"Move." Elliot grumbles trying to push me but I easily dodge his elbow.

This was just the usual morning routine. I drag myself away from my warm, comforting fortress that is my bed and get attacked by my childhood bully. My eldest brother Elliot Carter.Neither his verbal nor physical abuse affect me anymore. I'm used to it.

I skip down the stairs and smile at Kyle, though I doubt he can see me. His head is buried in a book. His sandy blonde hair is dangling hiding his face from my view. He must of heard me on the stairs or Elliot's attack on me because without pulling his eyes away from the fantasy world that he was currently lost in, he pats my head and simply says, "Mornin' Sis."

I continue on my path, my nostrils guiding me through the numerous footballs, skateboards and shoes scattering our long winding hallways. I finally come to my destination and sit beside yet another one of my brother's, Cormac.

"Ha I totally smashed your high score." He screams at the person cooking what I detected to be pancakes.

"But did you beat mine?" I smile at Cormac lightly and his face drops. I currently hold all high scores on every game in this house. Something you learn living with five boys.

"You don't count this is strictly twin business." Cormac says smiling triumphantly at his twin who was still making pancakes.

"She does count. Just because Leanne isn't a twin or triplet doesn't mean we can leave her out." Sam shouts back pointing the spatula at his identical twin.

"Hey where's Quinn?" I ask curious as to where the last remaining triplet was. You've already met the other two triplets but let me enlighten you on the wide Carter family.

Elliot: The eldest triplet who has taken it upon himself to torture me. Reason: Unknown.

Kyle: The middle triplet who is often lost in the world of monsters and fantasies. Reason: It's good to get away from reality.

Quinn : The youngest triplet who is usually relaxing somewhere listening to his music. Reason: He's really laid back.

Then there's the twins, Sam and Cormac. They are identical but have some little differences that are noticeable to someone who has lived with them for the 16 years of her life. They are my saviours. They always protect me from the ever mean Elliot and the outside world.

That only leaves me. I'm Leanne Carter. Called Lee by my close friends and family. Called many vile names by Elliot. I'm of the youngest of the lot. And the only girl other than my mother. Sounds dreadful right? Wrong. Apart from Elliot I love each of my brother's and they love me. We get along fine. Plus it has it's advantages since I'm daddy's little girl.

So yeah that's my life but back to the issue at hand. The missing triplet.

"He's in the basement can you get him pweeeease?" Sam pops out his bottom lip. I sigh hopping from the stool that was in front of the counter that Cormac remained seated at.

I follow the steps down to the basement and find Quinn hanging upside from the couch. His sandy brown hair is hanging off his head giving me full view of his face unlike his brother earlier. His eyes are closed and there is a small smile on his face. His earphones are firmly in place. I walk towards him and flick him on the forehead.

Quinn tumbles forward and I quickly dodge his feet. His green eyes are full with anger until they fall on me. They immediately soften in defeat as he knows he couldn't hurt me. I am of course the baby of the house.