"No, I honestly thought you were. I've been paying rent secretly because I thought you were there..." He tilts his head slightly. "Why didn't you return to your apartment?"

"Why would I? So I can be in a space where I had pleasant memories?" She says quietly.

Niall sighs deeply and rubs his forehead. "Huuhhh, Ella. Cmon, if it makes you feel safer, we can go to your hotel room. But let me drive us, it's already dark for you to walk back."

---------

Back at the hotel room, Ella kicks off her shoes and slides off her jacket. "Thanks for the ride."

"No problem," he says, shutting the door behind him. "I wouldn't want you to get ran over or something."

She walks to her small kitchen. "Drink?"

"No thanks."

She grabs herself a water bottle. Niall walks around as he pops his knuckles.

"So, can I first off all I want to say that I'm sorry." He says, turning to face her. "I'm sorry for being an idiot. I'm sorry for letting that Happen. I'm so sorry and I wish I can take it back but I can't. Im all yours to ask questions."

He sits down on the couch and looks at her. She doesn't say a word, only sips her water. She looks at him and shakes her head.

"My only question is," she goes around the island and sits down on the opposite side of him. "Why?"

"I was drunk and stupid. I didn't know what was happening at that moment. I didn't even realize it." He says. "I didn't know..."

"Niall," she says giving him a look. "How did you not know?"

"I just remember the next day what happened. But it turns out she's not straight-"

"What does that have to do anything? She still could've taken advantage of you!" She interrupts. "She could have Niall..."

"But she didn't." He points out. "I know you won't believe me, but please, I never touched that girl at the hotel room!"

Ella looks away and sets her water down. "I was so hurt. So hurt when I saw those photos. I was angry because how could you? I thought things were doing okay but..."

"Everything was okay. I didn't cheat on you though. I didn't do anything-"

"But you kissed! There are photos, remember?" She looks down at her lap. "That's cheating..."

"But we didn't kiss! We honestly didn't." Niall sighs deeply and leans back against the couch. "I seriously didn't kiss her."

"Then what happened?" She asks, on the verge of tears. "Please tell me."

"We were talking about her crazy ex girlfriend. She was talking while I was drinking. Suddenly, everyone inside started shouting at something and I couldn't hear her," he says and wipes his eyebrow. "Then I got closer to hear and someone took the perfect angle for the photo. We didn't kiss. It just looked like it."

Is he serious? Ella can't believe he's actually saying that.

"You expect me to believe you were caught at the wrong angle???" She scoffs and shakes her head. "Really Niall?"