22.

[FOR DEM FEELS TURN ON THE SADDEST SONG LOL NAH]

6 MONTHS LATER

Paris's pov
"Is the bruschetta done cooked yet?"
"Yeah but it's hot, nonna"
"Let me help you,"

I've never miss making dinner with my grandma since I moved in. At first, I did had a hard time fitting in with all the culture shock. Luckily, I knew a few basic italian words but there was still so much to learn.

I started college a few weeks ago. Had to deal with a lot of questions like, "which part in China are you from?" Or "Omg can you do gwiyomi??". Like, really Europe?

"What are you two fussing about?"
My mum entered into the kitchen.

"Dinner is served," I placed the plates on the table.

"Ooh, can't wait,"

We took our seats and mum was the first to take a bite.

"Hansol called and he said he might be visiting here with his parents this summer,"
"Well, that's great. Tell him to go to Lenua's, he'd be thrilled,"
"He's a food lover of course he would love to. He even told me he wanted to have pizza every dinner,"

The three of us both laughed as we shared our inside jokes to each other.

The next morning, I was out in the yard helping nonna to plant orchids. I didn't had green fingers but at least I didn't made any of them die.

"Paris!"

I turned around and it was mum. She rushed over with something in her hands. She took it out and gave it to me. It was a letter.

"I can't tell who it's from but I'm so disappointed it's not from the cheese brand I complained last week," she continued babbling as she went back inside.

"Don't tell me you're hoping for free cheese," I teased.

I flipped over the letter and it was from South Korea.

"Nonna, I need to go to the toilet," I lied.
"Sure, go. I still need to replace these,"

I went in and straightly into my room. Without waiting further, I opened it. As I suspected, it was from Joshua. Such an old school. I was kind of nervous but I sat down to read it.

My dearest Paris Ahn, or Yeong Ahn.

  How are you? I know I should've contacted you early but I thought you needed time. So do I. I wrote this not because Hansol or mum or anyone told me to. But myself. Probably you hardly know anything that is happening in korea right now. But I want tell you something that I should've told you at the moment you were waiting for it. Yeong-ah, I do love you. Through how many times I left you, I made you cry and even hurted you, I love you. Not as a brother or as a regular friend but as a person you want to spend the rest of your life with. I know I was wrong, and I was trying to protect the person I love until I didn't realise I was hurting another. I made us both broken. I missed your smile, and the first time we saw each other I remembered you were wearing a baby blue sweater. Could you remember that? You even missed a note on the song you played on my guitar the other day but I don't want to make you feel shy as you were showing your potential. But you need to know this too. Mum and dad got married. They're really happy and I'm so glad for them. I'm very grateful to finally have a dad and probably a new sister?  I've got great news too, they're planning to have their honeymoon in Italy and they agreed when I asked if we were able to visit you. I'll stop here, Yeong-ah. I hope we'll meet again, but not as acquaintances anymore. I wanted to call you by your Korean name here. You know why? Because Yeong means courage. And I believe you do have the strength to face everything that happened.

                                    Joshua Hong xx

My tears were flowing like a river. I love you too, Joshua. But what can I do. He's just my brother.