17.

Hansol's pov
10 hours passed by, and we were still practicing. Our grand performance was tomorrow. We were showering in our own sweat but it was all going to be worth it. Not to forget the special performance for Paris. All my life living with a full passion in music, I hardly sing. I did once or twice but it was just for a tryout.

Paris always wanted to hear me sing but I never let her. But for a good reason, I know now why I should. Fortunately, this time, Joshua wants to help out to play the guitar. Well, just to accompany me if I get nervous. He's so nice. I'm glad Jeonghan brought him to the group.

Another 2 hours passed by and we were done. The others couldn't wait to go back to their dorms.

"Right, don't forget what we practiced. Even it's just a performance, we need to show our best hence why we're worth first place," Seungcheol explained to us. Of course, we would pay full attention to him as a leader. But everyone was so exhausted.

"Bye! All the best tomorrow!" Minghao bowed and left the studio. He's so polite even with his friends. But also a lost puppy.

"Joshua! You're coming?" Jeonghan cried from the door.
"It's okay. You can go first. I have extra practice with Hansol. Game is still on tonight, right?"
"Yeah, sure. See ya!" Jeonghan was the last person to leave.

It was only me and Joshua. I really wanted to focus on this performance too. Even it's not really a side of how great our group was for winning. I just want to show Paris how I really liked her.

I started singing and got stuck a few times. I even forgot the lyrics.

"It goes like, na na na one, two" Joshua explained.
"I've been repeating the same thing man, I just won't get it."
"So you're giving up?" He stared at me sharply and stood up.

"Josh, I've been-"

"Is this what Paris wants to see? You, giving up something you want to do for her? Nothing is easy in life. And so is creating happiness for Paris. If you really like her, you wouldn't mind to endure the pain...for her," He suddenly slowed down his tone and sat back down.

"I'm sorry. You should rest,"

I looked at him and he was kind of upset. I never seen him so frusterated.

"It's alright, man. Are you okay? You've been so stressed out ever since our early practice. Is the team a burden to you? Did Seungcheol gave you too much pressure? You can tell me, don't worry," I tried to comfort him.

"I'm fine. I.. uhm..."

I kind of sense something.

"Are you... And Paris okay?"

He just remained silence.

"Sorry to ask. I was just-"
"Paris and I are going to be step siblings in a few days," he exclaimed.

I was shocked to death.

"I know it's kind of absurd. It was to me too at first but this is what they call fate. I just want to be crystal clear to you,"

Speechless, I came closer to him.

"So... What's it about? I'm fine with that. Maybe you'll be my future step brother in law," I joked a bit. But he remained still with a strained face.

"I just hope that there won't be a misunderstanding. Even if I'm close with her, you got to remember me as her older brother,"

Geez, he was so serious. I pat his shoulder.

"Joshua, there will be no misunderstanding. I know Paris well, she's my bestfriend, well, was. And I know you're a very nice and kindhearted person. That's why I trust you,"

He finally smiled and we hugged. Bromance. But we aren't gay.

Joshua's pov
It was the day of our grand performance in Hansol's college. I was hell nervous. Plus, I had to face Paris again.

I tried to clear my mind or distract myself with something else. I rolled my eyes across the room. Jeonghan. He was tying his hair to get the perfect ponytail. But he never gets it since early morning.

"Are you nervous?" I asked him.
"Yeah, of course. But I'm all pumped" he smiled with his teeth arranged perfectly.
"Is it your first time?"
"No, I've been nervous before,"

Great answer. We both giggled. Then, Hansol pulled me over with a sudden. He took me to the corner of the backstage.

"Josh, this might be shocking for you but we gotta change our plan this last minute,"

He whispered to me as it was so confidential until my eyes were opened wide and my mouth made a perfect 'O'.

"Are you crazy?" I shouted.