1.

"I miss you, mom"
"I miss you too, Paris. Take care"

I placed down my phone on my bed, slowly. The silence filled in the air. It was nearly 7pm and I almost forgot to make dinner.  I came downstairs, seeing my dad just got home from work.

He saw me at the stairs and smiled. It was kind of odd because he would usually just ask what's for dinner.

"Is everything alright?", I asked him suspicously.
"Of course, everything's fine. What's for dinner?"

Crap. I had such a long call with my mum I even forgot to cook. I hesitated to answer and went straight to the kitchen. He continued to stare at me walking all the way to the fridge.

"Nothing?", he was kind of shocked.
"I was busy doing school work I didn't realised time has passed. I'm sorry, I can make anything you want"

But he remained calm. "It's alright. I'm going out tonight to meet my clients. You go eat whatever,".

Weird. Like, really weird. Don't get me wrong. My dad isnt really that strict or was in the military but we never were affectionate to each other since I got into highschool until now. Maybe because I grew up and realised sometimes how a hindrance he can be. No wonder my mum couldn't stand him. They got divorced when I was 8.

I never really knew why I chose to move and live with my dad 10 years ago. But here I am, living with him and Korean culture. My mom's Italian but I was borned in France. Until now I'm just curious how my mum met dad who was a legit korean and never been in Rome before they got married.

That night, it was just me. Alone, eating cheese fries, the only thing that was available. There was kimchi but i'm not a big fan. Judge me all you want, but even having a half of korean blood doesn't makes you to love everything of your own culture.

Hansol texted me "netflix and chill?" once he knew I was home alone but I told him to go get the urban dictionary before hitting up on someone. He's such a dork. He's just one of my close friends, ever since I moved here. We went to the same school and now the same college. Having a friend like him is the best thing that could ever happen because despite he's acting all cool and cracky, he's a very well mannered person and respects others. Well, besides from his eyebrows that could slice butter.

He was also excited that night. Just like my dad. I don't know what was going on with the world, but someone just lit some sparks to every people I know. Hansol was so happy when he told me he finally found a new member in his team for the upcoming show. He was eager to introduce him to me. Too bad, he didn't left some clues but he warned me that he would poked my eyeballs if I was into him.