14.

It was raining heavily. I waited for Joshua to pick me up at the parking lot.

"Hello, princess." A familiar voice came from behind.

Joshua approached me with a black umbrella. He smirked as he arrived.

"Have you waited for so long?"
"Nah. I just finished class,"

He made a warm smile.

"Come,"

We walked together under his umbrella to his car. We didn't had much conversation on the way home as I slept. Yeah, I suck but school is tiring.

Suddenly, there was this breeze of heat felt on my face. It made me to woke up and shocked as hell when I opened my eyes. Joshua was a few inches in front of my face.

"YOU!" I dodged him away. He just giggled for teasing me.

"I didnt wanted to wake you,"
"Well, you just did, you jerk"

I went out of the car and it was still raining. He walked me to the doorstep.

We stopped, facing each other.

"We have arrived at your palace, your majesty," he chuckled.

"Thanks,"

Our eyes continued to lock into each other.

"What? Why are you looking at me like I'm your boyfriend who's going to military and is going to die"
"That would be great," I giggled.

And suddenly we had an awkward silence with my response.

"I mean, the dying part,"
"Yeah, I get it".

We had an eye contact for a few seconds, and suddenly Joshua tilted his head, noticing something.

"Wait, do you...uhm, like me?"
"What? Why would I hate you, I mean you're gonna be my-"
"For real, Paris. You like me, don't you?" His tone became serious.

I couldn't find the courage to answer. I turned my face away.

"Paris, that's a sin!"
"What sin? We're not even siblings yet. It isn't my fault to like you. What about you? Don't you feel the same way?"
"What about our parents? Out of all men in this world, why me?"

His eyes were sharply straight into mine. They seem to be watery but it wasn't obvious.

He left without a single word. Great. I sat on my doorstep until the heavy rain became to a drizzle.

There was no use to cry. I just felt confused and lost. What he said was true. Why him?

I stood up and tried to search my house key. Then, I heard footsteps coming from the pavement towards my house.