Stop Begging Simon

Hello! I'm posting more than I usually do, so that's exciting! Don't get used to it, though. I go back to yearly updates soon.
-------
This is an idea/request from imjustabeliever123. I couldn't stop thinking about it, so here it is. In this story, Baz and Simon live in a flat together.
-------
This is from Simon's POV. Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------

"Please?" I begged, looking at Baz.

"For the last time, no," he replied, putting down the book he was reading. "Simon, I know you really want this dog, but we are not in a position to take care of one right now," he stated. "We don't have the time, nor space, to do this. Besides," he added. "The neighbours hate animals."

"They only hate them when they're on their lawn," I said. Baz rolled his eyes.

"The point I'm trying to make is that we're not ready to take on another responsibility," he said. "End of discussion."

"We-you-could spell the dog so the neighbours won't see," I argued. Baz gave me a half-hearted glare.

"End. Of. Discussion," he said, picking his book up again. I let out a loud sigh, but leaned over and kissed Baz's forehead anyway. He didn't raise his eyes from the book, but I saw the corners of his mouth turn up a little. I leaned back and stood up. I wandered into the kitchen to look for food, yawning. The light from the window just about blinded me when I walked in. The sun was setting, casting a warm glow over the room. I took a spoonful of butter and put it in my mouth. I rinsed it and put it in the sink, so I could clean it later. Maybe. I went down the hall and into our bedroom. I crawled under the blankets, and a minute later, Baz walked in. He went into the bathroom and changed into his pyjamas. I waited while he brushed his teeth, and then I switched with him. When I came out, I climbed in beside Baz. I spread out my arms and legs wide, forcing Baz off the bed. He shoved me, and I nearly rolled off the bed. Baz crawled in before I could spread my limbs out again.

"It would be nice to have a pet, right?" I said tentatively.  Baz sighed, but smiled.

"Let's drop it for tonight, Snow," he yawned. I nestled into the fabric around Baz's chest. I felt a pair of hands wrap around me and rest on my back.

"Good night," I said. I heard Baz murmur a response. My thoughts melted into darkness, and I fell into a dreamless sleep.

The first thing I noticed when I woke up was that I was alone in the bed. I sat up groggily, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Baz?" I called out, my voice still raspy. I got no response, but heard shuffling down the hall. I was about to get up when I heard fast footsteps down the hall. They almost had a tearing sound, like something ripping through the carpet in the hallway. A small, dark creature sped through the door and towards me. It leapt onto my chest, and I was about to fight it when it started to lick my face. I opened my eyes, which I didn't remember closing. I was suddenly able to make out features on the creature. Ears flopping around, chocolate brown fur, and faint whiskers lining its snout. Baz rushed into the room.

"What is- Baz?" I cried in delight. He nodded, a huge smile stretching across his face. "What about everything else you said?" I exclaimed.

"Most of that was shit I made up. I thought you could use a little surprise," he said, his smile growing. I grinned, and began rubbing the puppy behind its ears.

"Is it-" I began, but Baz answered before I could finish.

"A she. She's just under nine weeks old. Penny helped me pick her out. She's from a shelter and needs a name," he said, and I racked my brain.

"How about Rosie?" I suggested. "She could be our rosebud girl," I added. Baz's eyes glowed.

"It's perfect," he said, petting the puppy- Rosie- on her back. "She's going to be a lot of work," he continued, glancing up at me. I nodded. "Feeding, playing, walking..." Baz listed. I nodded again.

"Can we walk her now?" I asked, climbing out of bed. Rosie followed. "First, put on a shirt," Baz said, rolling his eyes. I looked down to see that I was only wearing pyjama pants.

"Fine. And then can we walk her?" I said, going over to our clothes drawer.

"Yes, but we'll have to keep her away from other dogs. She hasn't had all of her shots yet," Baz said, turning away while I changed. When I had a new set of clothes on, I ran over and hugged Baz from behind.

"Thank you so much," I whispered. Baz turned around and kissed my forehead. We walked down the hall to the entryway, and pulled on our shoes and jackets. Rosie jumped on and around us, and I stopped to pet her. Baz reached into the closet and produced a plain black collar. He wound it around Rosie's neck and gently clipped it on.

"It's a little big on her, but she'll grow into it," Baz said, pulling out a black leash. He clipped that on as well.

"Ready?" He asked Rosie, leaning down. She responded with a lick on his nose.

"Ready?" He asked me, leaving back up. I responded with kiss on his lips. Baz opened the door, and we led Rosie outside.