Prophecies And Weapons

From behind the closet door, we heard his deep laugh. We heard his footsteps as he approached us, towering above us.

This was no man, rather, it was a woman. "My lady." I bowed. Percy and Annabeth followed my lead. "Lady Skaði, it is an honor to meet you." I said with my head hung low.

Skaði is a goddess associated with bowhunting, skiing, winter, and mountains. Coincidentally, or not, she is responsible for placing the serpent that drips venom onto Loki. She has always hated him; for what, I know not of, but I see this as two potential allies fighting the same war.

"I appreciate the veneration, but we have more important tasks at hand." She said in a deep Scandinavian accent. We stood and sheathed our weapons.

"Might I ask what you are doing here." I said. "I did not travel from Galdhøpiggen just to talk of normal conversation." She said. Her English wasn't very good. "We to talk of Loki and his disgusting tactics." We nodded with determination.

"Loki must go down, that is certain. Prophecy states Gaea to kill mortal body, and mortal body to stay dead until Ragnarok." Skaði said. My eyes widened and said "What prophecy?"

"The silver tongue sliced at the base,
Her secret weapon to be the mace, Orphaned young and secrets hidden,
Mortal body to be ridden,
Final battle to end the war,
Loki's wrath to end with a roar." Skaði recited.

Percy, Annabeth, and I shared a look. "What makes you think it's about me?" I asked after a long, eerie pause. "You orphaned at birth. I know of your secrets. I watched you since birth and know everything that you do. It is about you, I swear by my troth." Skaði said.

Considering she didn't die or convulse in pain, I knew that she was telling the truth. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "What are you here for?" I asked. "I was following you. I won't anymore, but had to deliver message." Skaði said. "Why now?" Annabeth asked.

"Wanted to make sure you and boy were right companions." She smiled. "Did you see who wrote this?" Percy asked. "No. Came after he left." Skaði said. We nodded.

"I leave now. Lykke til." Skaði said. And so, she exited the room and disappeared down the hall.

"What did she say at the end?" Annabeth asked. I smirked and said "Good luck."

"Should we ask the doorman who left this message?" Percy asked.

"I'll go ask, you two search around for clues." I said. They nodded and I started downstairs.

Once I reached the front desk, I slammed my hand down. "Woah, hi there. What can I help you with?" The doorman said.

I saw his name tag said Aimar. "Hello Aimar, I need to ask you a few questions." I said. "Ask away, darling." He said. "Did anyone suspicious come through here? A man perhaps?" I asked. "One tall man with green eyes did come through here." He said.

"Not him, anyone else?" I asked. "One man came with a bucket and walked upstairs without making eye contact, said nothing, only did something upstairs. When he came back downstairs, I asked who it was and he looked at me and-" he stated.

"And he what?" I asked. "He had silver eyes. His entire eye was silver, the whites of his eyes, the pupil, the iris, it was just one metallic shade of silver." Aimar said. "What did he look like?" I asked.

"Tall, blonde hair-" he started. I pulled out a picture of Magnus and I from a photo booth and asked "Was this him, but with different eyes?"