Let This Be The End: Part 2

Alice's POV:

My family...

Just beyond this door is my family. I'm so scared. I want to see them, but something is telling me it's best not to see them. Why does everything feel so...wrong.

The warmth and love that I can feel right now, it's so inviting. This room...I've decided I'll go in, only to see everyone. I refuse to get myself too attached to anybody. I know it's wrong since they're are my family, but I have to trust my gut on this situation.
I took a step near the room.

I can do this...

I took another step and closed my eyes.

I want to do this...

I took my final step into the room. The feeling of love embraced me gently. I want to keep this feeling. I want to protect it, and I promise I'll try my best to do so. Even though this completely goes against my belief of not being attached. I can do this.

I opened my eyes and looked around the room. It was so full of life despite our current situation. A kid ran up to me and stared with wide eyes. I was a bit freaked out but I kept my camp and decided to talk to her. I waved at her. She smiled at me and she was no longer creepy but insanely adorable.

"Hi", I said.

"Hewo", she said cutely.

Oh my gosh, she is just too cute. She then lifted her arms up as a signal to pick her up and I did. How could I say no to that cute face.

"What's your name", she asked tilting her head to the side.

"My name's Alice", I replied," what's yours?"

"Momma call me Lily Rose", she said, "but you can call me Lily or Rose".

"Okay Lily or Rose", I said as she pouted.

"Not like that", she whined.

"I know, I was just teasing you", I giggled.

"Teasing me", she questioned.

"Yeah, I'll call you Lily", she smiled at my answer.

"Okay", she cheered with a closed eye smile.

Lily and I played for a bit, before she got sleepy. I picked her up again and started looking for her parents. She noticed I was having trouble and pointed towards a very young couple, maybe in their early twenties. I nodded and head and walked towards them.

"Uh, hi", I said hesitantly.

They stopped their conversation and stared at me, the same way Lily did. I couldn't help but to giggle at the action. They continued stare questioning me.

"Here, Lily GIT tired from while we were playing so I brought her here", I said.

They gaze softened as their attention moved to the sleeping child in my arms. The mother took her away from me gently, the father thanked me. I only smiled and they asked for my name and I told them. They pointed me in the direction of my grandmother since apparently I don't have parents. I thanked them and they responded with kind smile.

I walked over to my grandmother. She hugged me tightly, and I smiled while returning the hug. She gently stroked my hair and patted my back.

"You must've been so scared", she said.

I nodded into the embrace and buried my head in the crook of neck. I know I said I shouldn't do this but I need the comfort right now. She continued to whisper soothing words to me, saying that now we're together she won't let anything tear us apart.

I looked from the hug and saw Mika. He smiled and waved and I did the same. My grandmother noticed and left from the embrace and turned to look at Mika.

"He's a fine young man, isn't he", she said.

I looked at her confused.

"Since its only family down here you might have to marry someone here", she said.

I blushed, me and Mika. It doesn't seem right, since we're family and all. He is nice, no doubt about it. He's also a prankster, I thought recalling the incident earlier.

I looked around the room once more. None of this feels familiar to me at all. Somehow from the few that I talked to I know that they're not really my family. I still grew attached to a few though, I've lost my resolve in not getting attached. The damage I've done to myself is already there. I won't be able to live with myself of I can't protect any of them from harm.

Then again, what can I, a fifteen year old girl do to protect everyone. I'll try my best until the end...