Let This Be The End: Part 1

Alice's POV:

I opened my eyes only to be staring at a dull grey ceiling. Where am I? I sat up and immediately regretted it, I had a massive headache. What happened? When the pain in my head finally started to subside after a few minutes I slowly stood up and studied my location.

I was in a room that was only one color. Grey. There was no bed, there was actually nothing in this room at all. I couldn't even see a door. I have to find a way out. I stood close to the wall and put my hands on it. I began to walk around the room dragging my hands along the wall, hoping to feel a crack or something for the door.

Just when I was about to give up on the last wall, I found what I looking for. I let my fingers follow the crack the best I could. It seemed to resemble the shape of a door so I put my hands inside the outlined area and pushed.

I walked outside and only saw the same color as my room. Grey. I'm really starting to hate the color. I stepped out of my room. And into a long hallway. Which way should I go? I decides on going to the right because it seemed like logical thing to do. After a while, I figured my hunch was wrong. Then again even if my hunch is wrong, I think it might be good to learn the layout of this place.

That's exactly what I did. I walked around trying imprint the layout of this building into my mind. Just in case, you never know what to expect. During my journey I ran into a boy around my age. I was confused at first, because I haven't seen anyone else until now. Soon that confusion turned into happiness. I'm not alone in here. Letting reality finally hit me I cried and hugged the boy.

"Hey Alice, it okay", he whispered.

Alice. That must be my name. I've only realized until now I didn't even know my own name. I tightened my grip during the embrace.

"I was so scared", I cried," I thought I was alone".

We stayed that way for only a few minutes. When I finally calmed down, I let go of the boy and stepped away. I looked up at him waiting for his name.

"My name is Mika", he said.

"Where are we?"

"I'm not sure myself".

"Are there others?".

"Yep a whole lot, our family".

"A family?"

"Yeah, a family".

"Do you remember anything from before?"

"No, none of us do".

"I see..."

I looked down, disappointed. I was really hoping that some one would have their memories of what happened before we got here. On the brightside, I'm here with my family. What more could I want, now I don't have to worry about them wondering where I am. I smiled at the thought. Going from my judgment of Mika, my family must be nice like him.

"Come on, I'll take you to see everyone", he said with a slight smile on his face.

I nodded happily and followed him. The path is dimly lit. I could easily lose track of him. I don't want that, I want to stay by his side. Only then I looked up and noticed that I was no longer behind Mika. I became scared and started to panic.

Wait.

I started off alone at first and I wasn't scared. I must not become too dependent on others. I'll become weak, and I need to stay strong. I suddenly gained a bravery and confidence boost. I continued down the path we were going.

I'm doing good.

I was doing great until I had to choose a way to go. Left or right. Which way do I go? Maybe, I should call out for Mika.

"MIKA", I yelled.

I got no response. So I called him again and again, until I started to loose my voice. Maybe, I should just pick one. If something isn't one way I'll remember my way back and go the other. Just when I was about to take the path to the right, I felt something touched my shoulder. Self defense kicked in, I screamed and I grabbed whatever touched me and flipped it over on its back.

Woah, I didn't know I could that. I stared at my hands amazed with myself and my strength. I remember the thing I flipped over. It was moaning in pain so I went over to it. I kneeled in order to get a better look at it. It was Mika, I felt bad about it and helped him up.

"I was just trying to joke with you", he said.

I nervously scratched the back of my neck and apologized. He shook it off saying it was okay and that he wasn't hurt. He grabbed my hand and led me in the opposite direction of where I was planning to go. Thankfully, he saved me from the unknown.

We continued on our journey. We didn't talk to each other often. It was awkward, but we still tried to make small talk. I want to recover my memories. I feel that may be part of the reason it's so awkward. We know nothing about each other let alone ourselves.

I looked at our hands, still intertwined with one another. A faint blush made its way onto my face. I know I shouldn't feel this way since we're related. Somehow something feels off about this whole situation.

I looked up at Mika' s back and began to think about everything that has happened up until now.

Mika who are you really?

Who am I?

Who is everyone else?

Where are we?

Most importantly...

What's happening around here and are we truly safe here?

Where ever here is?

I'm going to figure this out. I'm going to try my best to protect everyone.

Everyone please put your faith in me.

I was cut out of my thoughts by Mika's voice.

"We're here",he said.

He opened the door to the place where everyone was. For a moment the inside seemed heavenly. He let go of my wrist and went inside alone. I stayed there for a moment, nervous about going in.

After a few minutes I took a hesitant step inside the heavenly room...