Chapter 12

Shadow tackled Sonic to the ground, causing Sonic to let Amy go. Amy watched in fear as the boys began to punch each other. She had no idea what was going on. Sonic was on top of Shadow, punching his face, then Shadow started punching Sonic. They turned into a ball of blue and black fury. They shouted insults in between punches. Amy wanted to look away, but she was frozen in fear.

"Run! Get out of here!" Sonic hissed at her. "Amy! Run!" He yelled as Shadow kicked him off and Sonic landed on the ground with a thud. Amy blinked, finally snapped out of her trance. Amy turned to run, but she turned around when she heard Shadow yelling at Sonic. When she turned around Shadoe was holding up Sonic by his neck.

"L-Leave him alone!" Amy screamed and ran out between the two. She grabbed Shadows hand and he quickly elbowed her and she went falling to the ground. "You stupid girl!" Shadow growled and kicked her to the side.

Sonic hissed angrily and growled as he struggled to escape Shadow's grasp. Amy ran forward and grabbed hold of Shadow's arm. "Let me go, you pink brat!" Shadow hissed at her aggressively. "Stop fighting!" Amy yelled at him. Shadow growled and looked at Sonic, who was trying to claw Shadows arms. Shadow then had an idea.

Shadow threw Sonic against a tree and grabbed Amy. She felt Shadow pick her up and throw her over his shoulder. "Sonic!" Amy shouted and tried to kick and punch Shadow.

"Amy!" Sonic screamed and ran after them. "Amy!" He screamed again. "Shadow you damn b******!" Sonic yelled. "Give her back to me! You can't- You can't do this!" Sonic yelled and ran faster. Sonic was about to catch up when Shadow teleported away, leaving Sonic with Amy's scared expression drilled into his mind.

"No... No... NO!! He can't... He won't take away Amy! I... I can't let him take away someone so precious to me.

•Amy•

"Put me down!" Amy screamed at Shadow. "Shut up, brat! One more word out of you and I'll really give Sonic something to worry about!" Shadow growled at her.

Amy kept quiet, for about 2 minutes. "I don't even know who you are! Where are you taking me?" Amy asked him in a demanding tone only females have. Shadow placed Amy down and grabbed her wrist roughly. "Here's the thing, brat. I've got a deadline to keep, and you're the only thing I've got as live bait as of now. So you keep your dirty little mouth shut and be quiet."

Amy only rolled her eyes at his threats. "If I'm live bait, don't you need me alive?" She pointed out to him. Shadow growled and slapped Amy across the face. "Listen, farm girl, don't be brave when it comes to things you don't understand! You don't know Sonic, if you did you'd be on my side."

Amy held her cheek where Shadow had slapped her. "I don't care... Sonic is a kind man now, his past means nothing to me." Amy hissed at Shadow. Shadow narrowed his eyes and grabbed Amy's ear. "You want to know about Sonic? What he really is? What he's done?"

Amy didn't know how to respond. "I guess it would be nice to know more about him."

Shadow sat her down by a rock and stared at her for a moment. "Sonic is a crazy criminal. He's the best thief and killer of this time. He's killed a lot of people, as have I. He and I were partners since 6th grade."

***
Shadow sat by himself at a lunch table, staring at the chocolate pudding in the food line. "Hey Shadz!" Sonic interrupted with a smile. Shadow rolled his eyes at Sonic. "You idiot, I was focusing. Now it'll take forever to figure out my plan!"

Sonic rolled his eyes at Shadow and stuck his tongue out. "I got us some pudding and a cookie to split, but if you're gonna be a bitch about it-"

"Wait, no! Come on, man!" Shadow begged, Sonic stood up and put the pudding high in the air. "Give it here!"
***

"We were nearly inseparable. When we got into 8th grade we went on our first break in together. To a neighbors house, we only really stole food and one or two things that looked valuable." Shadow looked up at Amy with a sad expression. "We would steal once every month for the next 5 years. Then once we graduated high school, we lived out on the streets. We got desperate and we started to rob banks and jewelry. After a year we became excellent at thievery. We got cocky and went to a mansion."

***
"Did you bring the guns? We have to be extra careful on this raid." Sonic told Shadow in a stern tone. "Do you think I'm stupid? Of course I didn't forget the damn guns!" Shadow whisper yelled at Sonic. "Shh! You're so loud!" Sonic whisper yelled back at Shadow quietly.

Shadow let out a grunt of amusement. "We're so gonna get caught." He muttered. "Oh well, what's a few more months in a jail?" Sonic said nonchalantly. "Now let's get this this job done."

Sonic scaled the building while Shadow turned off all of the alarms. Sonic waited for Shadow inside and once Shadow caught up they proceeded to snoop around. They found such marvelous treasures, and only took what they really desperately wanted. Everything was going wonderfully, but then everything went wrong.

A guard showed up, and surprised Sonic and Shadow. They turned around and Sonic shot the guard. "Run! Get out of here!" Shadow yelled at Sonic as he grabbed the loot. They ran as fast as they could through the mansion.

"Sonic... What the Hell?!" Shadow shouted at him. "Do you know what you just did?!" He asked once they were a safe distance away.

Sonic stared at his hands in awe. "That felt... So..." Shadow picked up Sonic, who was still in shock. "Come on buddy, let's go home."

***

"Sonic was never the same. He stopped thinking things through, he did the most risks on every mission. He killed many, as did I. Eventually it became normal, but he killed more than I did. He would turn into someone completely different. He was a monster when he killed. He enjoyed killing." Shadow explained to Amy.

"You're a liar! Sonic would never!" Amy shouted at him. "You're a terrible man to be framing Sonic!"

"Believe what you want, brat! But I tell you the truth! Sonic and I are killers, and he's the worst killer and thief of this time!" Shadow picked up Amy again and threw her over his back. "Now keep quiet and I won't have to hurt you."